Original topic:

Wallpaper reverting to old photo

(Topic created: yesterday)
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello everyone,

I really need help with this problem. I just got a brand new phone and switched all of my data over. I am trying to change the lock screen and cover screen but it keeps reverting back to my old photo. 

I've even deleted my old photo off of my phone but it doesn't matter. It'll apply the new wallpaper and then a few minutes or hours later it reverts back. I have no idea why this is happening

9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If your old photo keeps coming back, it's because you didn't delete all copies of it. Your photos back up to Google. Deleting a photo from the phone, the photo still remains in Google. If you delete the photo from Google, it's gone from both the phone and Google. So any photos you no longer want to keep, you have to delete from Google, or they will remain there until your space is full.

As for the other issue, I don't know if the workings for the flip & folds are different, but do you have GoodLock installed and have lockstar active? It may be interfering with the change in wallpapers.
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you for the tip about the photos, I will delete it from everything.

I do not have GoodLock installed but I certainly can do so if it will help.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It might, I'm not sure it's actually compatible with the flips and folds, but you can find it in the Galaxy store. After you download it, you will have to download any modules you want, like Theme Park, Wonderland and Lockstar.

I suspect, however, that when you go to change your wallpapers, you may not be clicking "done" and just exiting out without saving the change.
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I click the done button twice once when I select an image and the second time once I format it on the screen. Then some loading dots pop up and it says lock screen or cover screen changed and I can see it changed on my phone because sometimes the change lasts a few hours. But it always reverts back.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
That's odd. I never used to change my wallpapers at all, just put one up and stuck with it, but now they have some pretty ones and I've been changing frequently. I've never had one revert.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What happens if you choose a whole theme? They have many nice free themes you can experiment with.
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I haven't tried a theme. I just applied one so I guess we will found out if the same thing happens!

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well, I hope you like the theme you chose. Now you can try the wallpaper you want and see if it sticks. Maybe applying the theme broke the spell.
0 Likes
Members_Win8URi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Looks like the theme is sticking, I even restarted the phone and it was still applied. Maybe the phone doesn't like the specific photos I'm choosing for wallpaper?

0 Likes