Original topic:

[Z Flip 5] Screen backlight turns on when viewing dark images.

(Topic created: yesterday)
Members_vjZMJZh
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, I was looking to see if anyone can help with my situation. I started to notice, maybe 2-3 weeks ago, that whenever I view a dark image then the backlight appears to be on and makes my screen look hazy. If there is a lighter image on my screen then the backlight doesn't turn on so the blacks appear to be black instead of hazy. I don't remember making any kind of configuration change.

Untitled.png

2 Replies
Nncools2008
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Could be due to motion flash, like when taking a picture you turn on flash, although all I can say is bios and repair from their if your screen ziplined to another image screen.
0 Likes
Members_vjZMJZh
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Appreciate the reply! It seems to happen when I'm viewing a dark image. Doesn't have to be a photo that I've taken either. It's strange because the issue seems to go away if I edit the same dark image and turn up the brightness of it. It seems like the phone jacks up the backlight if it detects a dark image. Thought it could be some adaptive brightness setting, but I enabled and disabled that option but it doesn't help the issue.

0 Likes