Original topic:

Z Fold 5: icons disappearing from 2nd screen

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 08:42 AM)
UncleBelvis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this "bug" that I am seeing on my Z Fold 5. I'm on the latest software update, no betas or anything. Since the last security push (I think a week or so ago) I have been randomly losing everything on my second home screen. My "Main" screen still has all the icons as I would expect, but when I swipe to my next screen, it's just completely blank. Rebooting fixes it, but it happens enough that it's really annoying. (Because of course that's where I keep most of my frequently used apps) Just curious if I am alone on this one? Thanks!

5 Replies
UncleBelvis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Software version just for more information... 1722527087856.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@UncleBelvis Could you have accidentally inserted another home screen there? If you continue to swipe do you have a 3rd or more home screen with the icons that you are looking for? 

UncleBelvis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I thought about that too, but unfortunately, no there are no other home screens. I only use two so I'm not sure what would happen if I had a third one. If they would all be blank, or just the second one would be. Maybe I'll try that just to see.
0 Likes
usergvGjGFwXAv
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have the same issue. All icons disappear on my 2nd and 3rd home screen but not the first. Eventually they come back. Not sure how to fix it when it happens. 

0 Likes
UncleBelvis
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Well I just have always rebooted. A couple of days ago Samsung released an update for their Home Launcher. I updated it with an APK since it wasn't showing as an update on mine. So far... No issues. I'm hoping they fixed it.
0 Likes