Original topic:

ZFold6 Volume Issue

(Topic created: Friday)
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I am only mildly hearing impaired and have my Philips Hearing Aids connected to my phone. I can barely hear my phone ringing or people when they call (this is something new going on with the phone, not my hearing). In settings I have:
Hearing Aid Compatibility - ON
System Volume - Max
Sounds & Vibrations - All adjusted med-high

Hearing aids volume is fine.

Any ideas of what is going on? Any setting I am missing?

0 Likes
9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Do the hearing aids have their own app? There may be volume control settings in the app that override the phone's settings.
0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I tried that too. My spouse who doesn't have hearing aids finds the volume on the phone to be very faint as well. We have narrowed it down to a phone issue.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Lobonca Have you tried the diagnostics in the Samsung Members app?

1. Open Samsung Members app
  2. Click Support in lower right
  3. Select diagnostics
  4. Run the Speaker diagnostic 
0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I tested. The Media speaker is loud. It seems to be the call in speaker that is so faint. Any idea for the fix?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Lobonca I tested my Fold 6 against my S23 Ultra. The In call speaker was similar in volume. 

Are you placing the phone next to your ear when you take a call? The in call speaker is designed for that scenario. 

0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Both my spouse and I have tested next the ear and both have a very hard time hearing it. There is nothing physically blocking the speaker either.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Lobonca Probably the next step is to contact Samsung Care+ if you have it or Samsung support if you do not. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/samsung-care-plus/

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ 

0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This all started happening in the last 10 days. Previously the volume was fine.

I appreciate all of the kind and fast replies here. Thank you.
0 Likes
Lobonca
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Narrowing things down a bit. If Bluetooth is disabled the volume is fine. If Bluetooth is enabled the volume is *barely audible* when taking phone calls or watching YouTube or other videos. There is plenty of volume listening to music but not audio books. Earbuds Pro2 work fine even tho they connect via Bluetooth.

Does this shed further light on things?
0 Likes