JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Buds 2 Pro Google Assistant

(Topic created: a month ago)
Shaen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Good evening. I have an S24 Ultra, Watch 6 and Buds 2 Pro. My question is with Google assistant. I'm nearly certain I used to be able to summon Google assistant thru the earbuds by saying "hey google" Now it seems like the phone or watch will respond depending which is within earshot of the command. 
Any ideas how I can get the Buds to respond to commands while I'm wearing them? 
Thanks for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Chefj3ff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

The Galaxy Buds 2 Pro doesn't have native "Hey Google" hotword detection. However, you can still use Google Assistant with your earbuds through touch controls. Here's how you can set it up:

Make sure your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro are connected to your phone and that you have the Galaxy Wearable app installed.

Open the Galaxy Wearable app and select your Buds 2 Pro.

Go to "Touch controls" and then "Touch and hold".

Choose either the left or right earbud (or both) and select "Voice assistant" as the action1.

Ensure that Google Assistant is set as your default voice assistant on your phone.

Once set up, you can activate Google Assistant by touching and holding the designated earbud, rather than using a voice command2.

As for why your phone or watch is responding to "Hey Google" instead of your earbuds, this is because these devices have always-on listening capabilities for the hotword, while the Buds 2 Pro does not3.

To use Google Assistant specifically through your earbuds:

Wear your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro.

Touch and hold the earbud you've set up for voice assistant.

After hearing the prompt, speak your command or question.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Chefj3ff
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

The Galaxy Buds 2 Pro doesn't have native "Hey Google" hotword detection. However, you can still use Google Assistant with your earbuds through touch controls. Here's how you can set it up:

Make sure your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro are connected to your phone and that you have the Galaxy Wearable app installed.

Open the Galaxy Wearable app and select your Buds 2 Pro.

Go to "Touch controls" and then "Touch and hold".

Choose either the left or right earbud (or both) and select "Voice assistant" as the action1.

Ensure that Google Assistant is set as your default voice assistant on your phone.

Once set up, you can activate Google Assistant by touching and holding the designated earbud, rather than using a voice command2.

As for why your phone or watch is responding to "Hey Google" instead of your earbuds, this is because these devices have always-on listening capabilities for the hotword, while the Buds 2 Pro does not3.

To use Google Assistant specifically through your earbuds:

Wear your Galaxy Buds 2 Pro.

Touch and hold the earbud you've set up for voice assistant.

After hearing the prompt, speak your command or question.

0 Likes
Shaen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a shot.
0 Likes