JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Floating apps are causing screen to freeze, swipe gestures sometimes work but taps do not

(Topic created: 01-03-2023 10:54 PM)
Norvarg
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Ever since I downloaded android 13 and one ui 5.0 on my Samsung fold 4, I've had some super annoying issues. Whenever I use a floating app such as YouTube or Google meet, I cannot no longer tap anything on my screen. Swipe gestures sometimes still work, but taps are mostly nullified.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Restart, go into bootloader, select "repair apps"and then, after that's done select "clear cache".

See if that works for you.

View solution in context

8 Replies
Solution
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Restart, go into bootloader, select "repair apps"and then, after that's done select "clear cache".

See if that works for you.
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Having same issue! I have to swipe my notification panel down to unfreeze the screens I'm on... turned off ram plus, cleared cache from bootloader, I will try the repair apps part and report back, but so far this new update making phone almost unusable.
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So far the repair apps has worked but will give it a day or two and see if it holds up!
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Lol.. No fears.. I have used that so many times over the years after updates. I pretty much just do it as a "default" after major OS and UI updates. Haven't had a single problem since..
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Back to not working, lasted 2 days. Have to pull notifications down to make apps and pages go to where you tapped or they won't work.. only thing that fixes is restart. I think this update is broken. How do we get someone to fix it, because makes the z fold 4 very hard to use 😟
0 Likes
ZeusDMAG
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hmm. That is strange. I would think app incompatibility to be honest. I know it sounds strange, but I had that issue with doordash app. It didn't have that problem at first, but recently I cannot keep it on the phone, and it's very repeatable. Once i take the app off the device and restart, it's fine again.

I would suggest going through your non Samsung apps to be honest.. I know it's a pain, but, it's the only way to isolate the culprit.
Zelus
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Now that you mention it Doordash does that on mine as well, horribly optimized. I wonder if it's causing issues across the board. Thank you for the input, mostly appreciated! Maybe one day they will optimize it better
rsngfrce
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I am having a similar issue with my Note20 Ultra since the Android 13 update. This is obviously a SAMSUNG issue and they need to deal with it quick.
0 Likes