Original topic:

Lag/stutter when accessing notifications/quick panel

(Topic created: 12-19-2023 04:52 PM)
MidwestDad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Since I updated to One UI 6 on the Fold 5 (unlocked), the phone lags or stutters when I want to pull down notifications or the quick panel. It gets "stuck" for 3-4 seconds. It's driving me crazy and I haven't been able to fix it. I was previously running Nova Launcher so I tried switching back to stock One UI. Nope. Tried clearing cache in recovery mode. Nope. Tried using app optimizer in Good Guardian. Nope. 

A restart will fix the problem for maybe 5-10 minutes, then it goes right back to stuttering/lagging.

Anyone else having this problem, and has anyone found out how to fix it?
14 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

Have you tried Safe Mode to determine I it's one of your apps?  I don't have the issue with mine. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
bluecast1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Yes I have the same problems and more
0 Likes
MidwestDad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Oddly enough, when it starts doing it, I toggle NavStar off then on and it fixes it for a while (assuming you're using NavStar)
0 Likes
Corbino22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

So I did the same thng and mine seems to be fixed temporarily too - curious what the heck tho cuz I use this for screenshots ALL the time and is easiest way to use ss.   Are you trying it without nav star for some time to see if this helps permenantly?

0 Likes
userlMjel41now
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold
Having the same problem!
0 Likes
Corbino22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Fold

It seems to resolve only temporarily when you turn off the Goodlock "NAVSTAR" app and turn it back on again (which gives you the ability to take easy screenshots which for me, is a must) .  It's insane Samsung software is glitching with Samsung software and there is no reporting out there other than this one forum!

Let me know if you want to get in touch and problem solve together - trying to get answers and test different things out!  Would help having someone else when it comes to testing!

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

Working after a restart typically points to an app.  have you tried turn off all the toggles in navistar?

Also, Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

My VZW Locked Fold 5 w/Navistar does not exhibit the issue. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
MidwestDad
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'll submit it there, thanks!

I just ended up turning off NavStar completely for now. On your fold, do you use custom images for the navigation buttons? Additionally, do you use the NavStar Task Stack?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy Fold

I use it for gestures

Bill
---
0 Likes