Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 01-21-2024 04:36 PM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
90 Replies
JohnRJackson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you so much! 👍
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Fold

@JohnRJackson I've had the Fold 3, Fold 4, and now the fold 5. Ever since I got the Fold I have loved it. Having a big screen when I need it is great. And yet I can easily fit the phone in my pocket and use it without unfolding it.

The only issue I had was with the Fold 3. The screen protector cracked at 1 year. Samsung replaced it for free. 

I also have an S23 Ultra which just spends it's time sitting at my desk. I use it sometimes when I want to use the big zoom for pictures. I can't see myself going back to using a slab phone as an everyday phone. 

JohnRJackson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you so much!
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy Fold
I have to agree with LongHiker, I too have a Z Fold5 and an S23 Ultra, which I have stopped using due to the Fold's versatility. I do wish that the Fold had a larger battery and the S23 Ultra's 10X optical zoom camera. But having the ability to provide a large, almost square screen only when needed, which folds to the dimensions of a slab phone can't be beat.
JohnRJackson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold
Thank you
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm loving my Z Fold 4
0 Likes
krazy_loco
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I'm very happy with z fold 5. I can see why it will be a new standard for tech.
I don't see my self going back to sultra series any time soon. I do wish for s pen in house type design 
XoNyshaoX
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Fold
Let's be honest the idea of a smartphone that folded out into a small tablet was awesome at the time. But I'm so ready to get this BRICK out of my back pocket!
Won't have to worry about two screens and if they break hoping they have the screens on stock ans cleaning the hinges.

I'm so excited for the S24 ultra because it would feel like getting my Note back. 

Going forward foldable phones are not for me but it was cool to experience it.
0 Likes
Iriemango
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
Totally agree with you always had S series phones & upgraded when new models came out. I did get the Fold4 & returned it due to the screen's keyboard. Was happy with my 10, 21, 22, 23 now awaiting for my preordered 24. Folds are not for me...
Options
Galaxy Fold
I miss my note 20 ultra it was the best phone I have ever had and I been with Samsung since the very first galaxy loved my note