Original topic:

App problems after latest One UI update

(Topic created: 04-11-2024 03:46 AM)
Espenroi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

After updating my phone on 1st April with the latest One UI 5.1 update, many of my favourite apps are not working. I have tried all the suggested fixes, including clearing the cache, reinstalling apps etc but nothing is working. Some apps are not working at all, some just freeze after a few minutes and some are just extremely slow. Samsung support tells me to contact the app suppliers, and they say to contact Samsung, so very frustrating. Why introduce an update, with no option to roll back, if it destroys all apps performance??

9 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
FYI regardless of updates it up to the developer of said app to fix issues with their app.
Some of your favorite apps haven't been updated in years possibly which wouldn't have the updated code for newer versions of the OS. Apple actually started pointing this out when certain apps being downloaded that they haven't been updated to match newer versions of their code.

What apps are you having trouble with?
0 Likes
Espenroi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for the reply, and it makes sense. Just very frustrating when everyone is pointing at each other. I'm having issues with several travel/airline apps, news apps(like BBC etc) and some other different.

0 Likes
PGlass
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm having similar issues with all BBC apps and some banking apps too.  Very frustrating, esp since there seems to be no option to rollback /uninstall this recent update. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello PGlass, Welcome to the Community.  We understand how frustrating it is to experience these concerns with the apps.

Have you tried clearing the cache partition from the recovery menu, as suggested by @Tidbitty?

There should also be a "Repair Apps" option in the recovery menu that may help.

Please let us know the results.

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I tried downloading BBC and it works fine on my end. Been browsing around in it and hasn't frozen or slowed down yet.

Have you tried clearing cache through recovery?
0 Likes
Espenroi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yes, I have cleared cache on all the apps in question. Biggest problem is that everything takes a very long time to load, and sometimes just freezes completely

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Clearing the cache for the apps is different than clearing the cache from recovery. Try clearing from recovery.
Espenroi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am actually not able to get the phone into recovery mode. I have tried the suggestions online with holding volume Up+ Power and also holding Volume Down+Power, releasing both or just releasing Power but it won't go into recovery mode

0 Likes
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Exynos version? If you do what is suggested while having it plugged into your charger when you do it.
0 Likes