Original topic:

Corrupt photos after transferring

(Topic created: 08-30-2024 01:35 PM)
americanv8sonly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
After transferring photos to the SD card on my note 20 ultra, all photos are now showing error, the SD card is working fine because the existing files are working fine.
The corrupted files have the correct data, for example a photo is over 2 Mb etc... videos, are a couple mb but they just don't open, says file not supported

I'm sure someone had this issue, and hopefully you guys can help me repair the files.

Thank you!

7 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@americanv8sonly I'm not saying this is the case but it is completely possible that part of the SD card has failed. Have you tried using a different SD card? 

0 Likes
americanv8sonly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That wouldn't help me.
I'm trying to get my files back
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That's unfortunate. I've changed my process to copy the files first. Verify that they are readable and then delete them from the original source.
Mark7com
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You are probably using a fake sd card. It happens to me too 3 times.
Always buy directly from Samsung's website or Best Buy.

0 Likes
Members_WgPyTCa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This happened to me after the August update. Was your SD card encrypted? I told it to the encryt the card again and suddenly it started working
0 Likes
americanv8sonly
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
What do you mean? Hpw do I encrypt it?
And you're saying you had the same issue, and encrypting it miraculously it starts working?
0 Likes
Members_WgPyTCa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes, but I know for sure I had encrypted it before. It sounds like your case may be different
0 Likes