Do I need an app to read bar codes on the note10+

(Topic created: 10-19-2020 10:58 AM)
SweetTasha
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I want to process product bar codes and the other "thing" shown in this image:

bar code snagit.jpg

BTW, for my edification, what are the other "things" called?

Thanks. SweetTasha.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Midget13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The square shaped one is called a QR code. They are used for all sorts of things; not just actual products. The Note10 has a built-in QR code scanner - you can find it easily by swiping down from the top of your phone to get your "Notification/Quick settings" panel, then swiping down once more to get the full quick panel buttons. Depending on how your quick panel buttons are laid out, you should find one option called "Scan QR Code" - when you enable this, it should automatically open your Camera app; once open, simply line up the code you want to scan in the square outline in your camera app. It should then pull up whatever information that was contained/associated with that code.

Alternatively, there are dozens of barcode reading apps available to download for free on the Play Store - I'm sure you can find one for free that will allow you to scan/read any and all types of barcodes out there.

View solution in context

2 Replies
GregP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Google Lens... Amazing app, check it out
Solution
Midget13
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
The square shaped one is called a QR code. They are used for all sorts of things; not just actual products. The Note10 has a built-in QR code scanner - you can find it easily by swiping down from the top of your phone to get your "Notification/Quick settings" panel, then swiping down once more to get the full quick panel buttons. Depending on how your quick panel buttons are laid out, you should find one option called "Scan QR Code" - when you enable this, it should automatically open your Camera app; once open, simply line up the code you want to scan in the square outline in your camera app. It should then pull up whatever information that was contained/associated with that code.

Alternatively, there are dozens of barcode reading apps available to download for free on the Play Store - I'm sure you can find one for free that will allow you to scan/read any and all types of barcodes out there.