Original topic:

Recover my list of Recent Calls deleted by mistake

(Topic created: 06-04-2024 02:15 PM)
BillBudamala
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I accidentally deleted ALL Recent Calls. Is there a way to retrieve them from a Trash folder on my Samsung Note 9? Thanks for any advice. 
Bill B
0 Likes
9 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately not. Just like text messages, when they are deleted they are gone.  You might have luck restoring your call log from your most recent backup.  You can restore the whole backup or just choose to restore the call log. 

I don't understand how you could delete the call log by accident, you have to either select individual calls to delete or specifically check the "select all" box and there's usually a slide up that asks you to confirm deletion.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Actually, with text messages (and photos) unless you change the settings, they are saved for 30 days before they're permanently deleted.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

...If you use Samsung Messages and have that enabled. Google messages keeps them until you delete them. I believe turning off "delete messages older than 30 days" will also keep them indefinitely. I have only ever used Google messages since they came out with it. This is one of the many, many reasons I never saw a need to switch. I have 20 year old messages.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes, Samsung has the option to keep the messages as well. Wow, 20 years!? I hope it was a good one.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My deceased brother. Google has the ability to archive so you don't accidentally delete important ones. I also occasionally back up with SMS backup & restore.