cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedBarchetta
Constellation

Screen timeout resets to ()

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For two days now, whenever the phone is plugged into power or unplugged from power it triggers a reset to the screen timeout. The Screen Timeout is reset to a new option at the top of the screen (right above the 15 seconds option) with what looks like two paranthesis - (). When this happens I have about 2 seconds to navigate to the display settings before the screen automatically locks and goes black.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RedBarchetta
Constellation

Re: Screen timeout resets to ()

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally resolved this issue. At the time of the problem I had roughly 50 random apps installed on the phone so I uninstalled everything except for critical apps and the problem went away. I have since reinstalled about 15-20 apps that I use on a regular basis and the problem has not resurfaced. In short, I had installed a 3rd party app that was causing the issue.

26 REPLIES 26
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, RedBarchetta. Thanks you for being part of the Samsung Community and we appreciate your participation. We do advise that you include as much information as possible about the device in question. Such as model number, carrier, Android Version, and a possible timeline of when this began to happen. This allows the community to assist you better and answer your questions in a timely manner and with straighter resolve. We would recommend checking that your device is not in power saving mode. Additionally we would recommend powering the device in usual intervals of a day or more to allow the system time to refresh. If you have any other questions or concerns, the community is a great place to find assistance. 

Arjo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same problem.

Samsung Note 2, Android version 4.4.2.

See the screenprint ...

I can't find a solution

RedBarchetta
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally resolved this issue. At the time of the problem I had roughly 50 random apps installed on the phone so I uninstalled everything except for critical apps and the problem went away. I have since reinstalled about 15-20 apps that I use on a regular basis and the problem has not resurfaced. In short, I had installed a 3rd party app that was causing the issue.

userAfwFC4As3B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi, What 3 application were causing the problem to see if I have them, I can't find the one that is causing my to reset everyday to 30 sec
userXrzDxCZRWi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The issue was in a Samsung update go into you battery setting click the 3 dots in top right click settings.

Click optimise settings and uncheck the screen time out settings 

This will stop it going back to 30 seconds 

All done hope this helps

uservG8x1rS9tY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just a slight correction...in the latest Android version under Battery <Settings> there is a slider button for <Display Timout>. Slide it to the left to turn off <Display Timout>. As I am typing this it seeme to work!

@userXrzDxCZRWi wrote:

The issue was in a Samsung update go into you battery setting click the 3 dots in top right click settings.

All done hope this helps

uservG8x1rS9tY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry..I called it Dispkay Time-out instead of

@uservG8x1rS9tY wrote:

Just a slight correction...in the latest Android version under Battery <Settings> there is a slider button for <Display Timout>. Slide it to the left to turn off <Display Timout>. As I am typing this it seeme to work!

@userXrzDxCZRWi wrote:

All done hope this helps

Screen timeout.

usersJzgB0rh0c
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This was my solution. Thank you. I had no idea to go into the battery setting! TY! TY!

uservCJKLhArYw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXrzDxCZRWi @Astronaut, you are a genius.Robot Very Happy

@userXrzDxCZRWi wrote:

All done hope this helps