JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Switched sim card from sprint to tmobile

(Topic created: 06-29-2021 03:46 PM)
Lileaston01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Is anyone having a problem with the rich communication feature on their note 10. I recently switched my sprint sim card to tmobile as I was informed I needed to do it before my phone didn't work. Since tmobile and sprint are now merged.  But once I switched the feature of being able to see "delivered" or "read" has disappeared completely.  Why would this be removed with just entering in a new sim card? Help please

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

checking my phone... Messages settings > More settings > Multimedia Messages > Show when read/delivered

maybe check for an update? since you guys were using Sprint, the updates probably were specific to sprint devices... now in the coming update(s) it's probably all going to be joined as Tmobile device updates. (just a guess).

I'd suggest talking to the carrier and have them flash the device or something (in such case you should back up the data first)

View solution in context

18 Replies
userqbvhJNBCqs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Same problem here.
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Boost mobile messaged me that as of January Sprint will become T-Mobile and Sprint towers will be taken down and that I should go to my Boost Mobile Store for a free T-Mobile sim and they will install it or I can have the sim card mailed to me to do it, no charge.
I panicked and called Boost and they told me I already had the T-Mobile upgrade. I didn't need to go to the Boost store and get a T-Mobile Sim. I was all set. But there is a big warning that T-Mobile is taking over Sprint ( my carrier) in January. Yet, when I called Boost Mobile they said some phones already have the T-Mobile upgrade and I'm all updated. Nothing else to do. But I hear talk that Sprint customers will need to switch. Who's right?
I checked my coverage map and it looks like it's been updated to the Sprint/T-Mobile merge already. I have the A21 locked to boost wich included Sprint automatically.
Now, to answer your question. "Delivered" and "read" don't come with T-Mobile but it did with Sprint. I never had " delivered" and "read" activated in my Sprint app. I didn't like it. I think when you switched to T-Mobile you lost that option, I'm not sure. Those 2 issues are related to your carrier. Welcome T-Mobile. That's why it disappeared and I doubt they will install it if you call them unless they have it for an extra fee.
It is not a Samsung issue. maybe you have a setting in your phone to allow that feature. That's what I think.
0 Likes
Lileaston01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That feature disappeared the moment I put the tmobile sim in. They mailed me the sim cards and then I started having problems with my phone saying no coverage for sprint... the only reason why I switched. My carrier on my phone showed sprint now it shows tmobile... guess I'm out of luck
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Right. I really think it's a carrier issue.
0 Likes
Kevydoddle
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's still there in message settings (more settings)
Lileaston01
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
This is what my more settings show under messagesclipboard_image_1625011135823.jpg
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Under what? Quick responses? I don't know
0 Likes
Kevydoddle
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Press multimedia
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Multimedia fixes the issue? That would be great!
0 Likes