JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurred videos in messenger app

(Topic created: 06-22-2023 01:58 PM)
Charlie_2022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just bought a S20 FE 5g and noticed that all videos that I send via messenger, they are all blurred. That's very frustrating.  Is there a way to fix this?  I did check my Media Settings in Facebook and it is set to Optimized.  I used to have an Android A20 and didn't have that problem.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I apologize. The confusion is mine. I have no idea why you would be having this issue with Facebook Messenger. Perhaps is would be more beneficial to contact Facebook as it appears to be an issue with just their app.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Video and high res photos are compressed when sent via the Samsung Messages app, due to the bandwidth limit of SMS/MMS messaging, which was first developed in 1984, but is still the world standard for texting today.

You can avoid this compression by sending the recipient a Quink Share link of the photo, video, or file.

https://youtu.be/UXPwQ36fEnAScreenshot_20230622_140926_Quick Share.jpg
0 Likes
Charlie_2022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So this means that I can no longer use Messenger app if I want to take quick videos and send to my friends? Every time I will use messenger app, videos will be blurry? There are no fix for this issue except Quick Share?

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It doesn't take but, maybe, one or two extra clicks to send a Quick Share link via Samsung Messages.

From the cameraapp
Tap the photo
Tap Share icon
Tap Quick Share (extra tap)
Tap Share link using app (extra tap)
Tap Samsung Messages app
Select one or more recipients
Tap Done
Send

It's literally two extra tapsScreenshot_20230623_093252_Quick Share.jpg
0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Messenger is Facebook. Samsung Messages is not the same app. Please clarify which app we are talking about.
0 Likes
Charlie_2022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I apologize if my question was not clear...I'm talking about Messenger (Facebook).

I used to have a Samsung A20 and never had any issues with videos in Messenger (Facebook).

0 Likes
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I apologize. The confusion is mine. I have no idea why you would be having this issue with Facebook Messenger. Perhaps is would be more beneficial to contact Facebook as it appears to be an issue with just their app.
0 Likes
Charlie_2022
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The weirdest thing is that I had a Samsung A20 before and I had no issues. That's why I was questioning whether it might be my new cell. I guess it's not.  It's no big deal, I can live with this small issue. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

0 Likes
userpTcy5usLCs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When I send a video using quick share it has a watermark on it. How do I get rid of this?
0 Likes