Original topic:

Can I manually upgrade firmware on S10e?

(Topic created: 09-17-2024 01:59 PM)
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So the wife and I both have S10e (SM-G970u) phones, and yes, I realize no more security updates.  Having said that, I noticed something when she told me she had issues with Google Messages (which really seems to be with iPhone users).  Her phone, for some reason, has never had an update and is one version behind mine in firmware it seems.  Her Google Messages is also one version behind, which I assume is related to the firmware version?  To make things crazier, her Google Play store version is NEWER than mine.  No matter.  Can I at least get her firmware version updated manually?  When I 'check for updates' on her phone, it simply says she's up to date.

Thoughts?

Thank you,
Chet

14 Replies
jt13890
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to updates, update assistant and follow instructions on the screen you will need a computer.1726607701941.jpg1726607701973.jpg
0 Likes
userbNV7qPJWY6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you. I will try that later tonight. Much appreciated!

yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How does that update assistant work like what do I have to download to my computer I see that on my tablet but I have no idea even what to do
0 Likes
jt13890
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When you plug your phone into your computer with that screen pulled up it should automatically open the update assistant and if needed download it to your computer
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have to do all this stuff manually because this tablet doesn't want to do anything like that and the Verizon website is useless there was nothing to indicate update assistant or download this to a computer
0 Likes
yamialex
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm clearly doing something wrong because I put it in but do what it says on a strain and nothing happens I can't click next it's grayed out I can't click it I've got it set to software update then I changed it to transfer files then back to software update reset the tablet nothing's working
0 Likes
jt13890
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I thought you were using a phone
0 Likes
jt13890
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am pretty sure you have to have a windows pc FYI. I use Verizon and they have a different update app in case the first doesn't work. Your carrier might as well.
0 Likes