Original topic:

Can't change contacts order in messages

(Topic created: 05-18-2024 02:03 PM)
HuskyMom
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yesterday my contacts were in order by last name. Today, in first name order. Don't see where to change it back. I've done it before but can't see how now. [S10]
5 Replies
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Tap the three-lines menu in the upper left corner.

Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.

Here you will find an option to sort your contacts by either first or last name and another option to format how the names appear (first name first or first name last).

To change the order of your favorite contacts, tap the three-dots menu in the upper right corner and tap "Reorder favorites". You can now drag your favorites around and put the favorites list in any order you want. 1716069154686.jpg
0 Likes
HuskyMom
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks, Popsicle20. I appreciate the reply, but you're in the Contacts app; contacts are in Last name order there. My problem is with the contact list inside the Messages app.
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I never ever knew that could even be done
0 Likes
HuskyMom
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, I've always been able to do it. In fact, I changed it on my husband's Galaxy A phone Messages app just last week. I don't keep up with releases but maybe a recent one messed things up. I really need last name order because I can't remember my doctor's first names. šŸ˜Š
0 Likes
MsVirgo87
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh šŸ˜Æ wow okay I just went in my messages and I didn't see that
0 Likes