cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpremOw67ho
Constellation

Can't log in to Samsung Account on S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I finally received my Gear VR for my new Samsung phone,  and realize that I never signed into a samsung account on this phone since I've had it (bought brand new, from Verizon). It won't let me log in.  I've changed my password, and I'm able to log in to my account with that password anywhere but as an account on the phone. I am even able to log in to my account on chrome, on the phone.  Because I can't log in, I can't use the Samsung apps, and I can't use my Gear VR. Beyond frustrating.  Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userpremOw67ho
Constellation

Re: Can't log in to Samsung Account on S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I could not. It was the most frustrating thing. I did figure out how to overcome it and it was pretty stupid to be honest. When I reset my password I did not close the window in Chrome. I closed Chrome completely, but the window that I had change my password in was still there, I guess, in the background or something, and as soon as I opened Chrome again and closed that window and then closed Chrome completely, it allowed me to login to my Samsung account.  Anyway, thanks for trying to help. 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userpremOw67ho. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Out of curiosity, if you go to Settings>Accounts, can you add the Samsung Account there? That should allow the phone to access it without always asking for passwords. If you have to type in the password, make sure that everything is perfect. Sometimes it can get pretty picky.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userpremOw67ho
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I could not. It was the most frustrating thing. I did figure out how to overcome it and it was pretty stupid to be honest. When I reset my password I did not close the window in Chrome. I closed Chrome completely, but the window that I had change my password in was still there, I guess, in the background or something, and as soon as I opened Chrome again and closed that window and then closed Chrome completely, it allowed me to login to my Samsung account.  Anyway, thanks for trying to help. 

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh awesome! I'm glad it was such an easy fix and that you're good to go again. Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usertbq92BXrmf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No matter what I try I can't login to samsung account on the phone, just on a browser on a pc.  Absurd.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usertbq92BXrmf

Can you tell us what you've tried? That will help the community help you.  Smiley Happy

usertbq92BXrmf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my S8+ phone, I try logging in.  Always says my info is wrong.  I can't run any Samsung tools on my phone if they require login, which just doesn't work.  And I've read that a great many people have the same problem.

I've been using computers for about 45 years.  This is a new experience for me.  Please fix it!

usertbq92BXrmf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should add - I did change my password - and used the new one.  I think it worked once.

userfupv1wBFsi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue.  Samsung S6

I can login via the webpage .. However cannot login via phone.

Even after a password reset.

Could it be a regional issue?  I am based in the UK?

userNY3ranEkJa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope it's not a regional issue i think because i'm from Asia (Philippines specifically) and I'm having the same issue with my s8..

It's been a month or so already.. tried to change my password using my laptop, it worked but after a few hours, my phone's asking my Samsung Account password again.. now i can't log in again with my new password..

Has anyone already fixed their log in issue??