Original topic:

Constant failure to sync with work Outlook

(Topic created: 04-22-2024 10:38 AM)
LV17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My office will simply not allow me to upgrade to a newer phone at the moment, which I suspect may be part of the problem. This has become UNBEARABLE. 

The faiilure of the sync function to properly work when I need it to is effecting my efficiency. I've read posts about it for years, I know I'm hardly alone.
4 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What does it mean, "won't allow you"?  Do you mean they pay for your device and won't shell out for a new one? Or they have specific parameters for devices connected to their exchange?  

Did they upgrade something on their servers?  Did your current device access the exchange server in the past, and this is something relatively new? If they are supplying your work device, then it should be up their IT department to troubleshoot any issues.  If you are financing your own device, just get yourself the phone you want.

LV17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's a current budget thing. But, it has been a problem since the phone was still relatively new.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Talk with your company's IT dept.  You should have in the beginning.  If they provide you with a phone and need you to connect/sync with the exchange server, they should be the ones to make it work.  Doubly so, if they are refusing to upgrade you at the moment (although there's no guarantee that an upgrade would behave any differently).  Let them solve the problem or get you something new.

notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

this is absolutely IT's problem. and if they're providing a selection of phones that you're allowed to use, then it is doubly their problem. (my bride used to be in this situation when she worked with HP)