Original topic:

Contacts

(Topic created: Wednesday)
eastie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Again I went from the 43 contacts to the 93 and once Again I had to stop and delete the extra contacts that seem to be put in my contact list and I don't appreciate this and I don't prefer the extra contacts šŸ™ƒ and thank you šŸ˜Š 
0 Likes
17 Replies
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe you enabled one of these accidentally? SmartSelect_20240724_081834_Google_1000013617_1721823515.jpg
0 Likes
eastie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No I didn't I had the photos on and just checked the contacts again and there they were the extra ones And I did not add them
0 Likes
userhV4i8oCVLA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You saved and backed up those contacts. Deleting them from the contacts apps isn't going to do anything. You need to go to your samsung and Google account and delete the contacts permanently.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Open your contacts app (not the tab on the dialer app). Click on the menu icon on the top left and  a page will slide out that looks like this

Screenshot_20240724_102248_Contacts.jpg

Click on the All Contacts and you will see this to see where your contacts are located.

Screenshot_20240724_102300_Contacts.jpg

if the contacts you want are located in a single location, select that to show and those will be the only contacts to show - assuming you want to keep the ones you don't want to show.  If you want to completely get rid of the ones you don't want, select  Manage Contacts and choose an action. My suggestion would be to merge  contacts (will get rid of any duplicates) and then move them into Google.  Having them in Google contacts allows you to add/delete and access from anywhere and available on any device.  You can go to contacts.google.com to mass delete any contacts you do not want and hide contacts you don't want to see but still want to keep.

eastie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Could not access this
0 Likes
eastie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have tried over and over but couldn't find it
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go the app drawer (swipe up from the bottom of your screen). Search for contacts and open the app. This menu is only available in the contacts app, NOT the contacts tab in the phone dialer, however, you can still manage your contacts to merge and move them into Google.  Obviously you have contacts saved in different areas of your phone, so they should be cleaned up and in a single source.

0 Likes
eastie
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have tried over and over but it didn't work and thank you for your help šŸ™‚
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20240724_115227_Contacts.jpg

are you clicking the hamburger menu on the left and not the three dot menu on the right?

0 Likes