Original topic:

Data Saver being stuck on

(Topic created: 08-03-2024 01:23 PM)
IsDatBoi7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi, this isn't a severe problem where my phones gonna be a very expensive brick soon but I have a little tiny problem. My data saver is stuck being on. Every night at the weekdays when it hits 10PM data stops working and then it says "Data Saver on" and when it's on I can't even use Hotspot too, only on the weekends it works all night. Right now only the symbol shows up on the bar and it doesn't even give me the option for Data Saver being on or off. What can I do? 
13 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to setting/connections/billing cycle and data warning and make sure there's no data limit set. Then see if you can either turn the data saver off or set which apps can always use data.
0 Likes
IsDatBoi7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It doesn't even show billing cycle and data warning I have no idea what to do. My model is a S20 FE UW.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You don't get this screen? Youhave to click through the data usage setting in connections.
1722717919437.jpg
0 Likes
IsDatBoi7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Oh I do- I'll work it out when I get home soon but at 10PM it automatically turns on and I can't turn it off
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It turns on at 10?  Do you have a routine or mode set for it to do that which might be interfering with your ability to turn it off?

If you go into the data saver settings, even if you cannot turn it off, you should still be able to click the item that says "apps that can always use data" and set the apps you most frequently use at night to be usable.

0 Likes
IsDatBoi7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No there was an app that interferes with my wifi and data but I had gotten rid of that and it still says Setup Wizard Data Saver but I could still use WiFi
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you get rid of it before turning off any data or wi-fi controls?

0 Likes
IsDatBoi7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's always off before 10 then it automatically turns on without any parental controls. The only thing that can do that was Verizon Smart Family and I got rid of it.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Actually parental control is built into Samsung's Digital Well being app.  If it had been activated by someone, it has to be turned of by them.  Same with Verizon Smart Family.  Just uninstalling the app without taking off the controls will just keep the controls on forever.  You would have had to have re-enabled any restrictions before uninstalling.

0 Likes