Original topic:

Dolby atmos broken after one ui 6.1 update!!

(Topic created: a week ago)
SatwikR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Dolby music lacks bass, movie mode just reverbs now and sounds lot worse. Voice mode doesn't enhance the dialogue quality. Please fix this. it was good before!!!

S23 ultra one ui 6.1
Tab S9 one ui 6.1.1
 Checked on both devices. It's the update issue. Not device specific. 
9 Replies
SatwikR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Also, auto mode defaults to voice mode instead of music while listening to spotify.
thethrashers89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah same. Even with it off, it sounds tinny and distorted. before the update it sounded great.
PockyDucky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same here. Samsung really messed up with the sound quality in this One UI 6.1.1. They must fix it ASAP in the next update.
0 Likes
G87M2
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Search for equalizer in settings and change to dynamic, you're welcome
SatwikR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Changing to dynamic will give you more bass, but the mids, vocals, and overall sound reduces.
G87M2
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can do custom as well, maybe us that as a base
0 Likes
SatwikR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
the equalizer is all messed up, Anything above zero makes the sound or vocals all weak (the eq was the same before) . I tried reducing the treble, but it's still not the same. don't even get me started on the movie mode on Dolby Atmos. It's horrible. They need to fix this ASAP.
SatwikR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have a Buds 3 pro. I noticed that when I change the EQ in the wearable app, it doesn't really do anything to the sound quality. But when I mess with the EQ in the Dolby settings, that's when I hear a difference to the sound. Give it a try if you have one
0 Likes
PockyDucky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung messed up with the equalizer in this new One UI, sound is much worse, sounds muddy, tinny, less clarity and bass. Please report it to them and hopefully they'll fix it in the next update.