Original topic:

Give Google permission to access my phone contacts

(Topic created: 03-29-2024 03:56 PM)
Members_GSFBJQo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Where on my Galaxy S20 FE can I give permission to Google to access my phone contacts via voice commands while I'm driving? 

4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Open your phone settings and scroll down to Apps and then scroll down to Google and under permissions add phone 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would say if you connect via Android Auto, that functionality is already there.  Even if you don't use Android Auto, once you connect your phone to your car via Bluetooth, voice commands are enabled and access to your contacts is automatic.  

Members_GSFBJQo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was not able to ask Google to call someone on my phone contacts.  Said that I need to giving permission to Assistant Personal results on this device.  Said to make the change in Assistant Settings.  However, Google did make the call if I provided the phone number.

Furthermore, I was not able connect to Subaru Starlink (Forester) via bluebooth, only via USB cable, but still not able to give Google voice commands to call my phone contacts. 

I went to Subaru, they tried to work on it, but couldn't fix the issue. They said it's some setting I have on my phone that's preventing Google from accessing my phone contacts.  I went to the my phone carrier, but they did not either.

Thank you for your help, though.

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should be able to open the Gemini app which is the google assistant and in the permissions same as i posted above give it all of the permissions it should open the google app settings 1711755324743_1711755324737_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes