JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung email lost permissions

(Topic created: 10-06-2022 06:50 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I got a notification that my Samsung email lost its permissions! And I need to find out what it means that it said my contacts Permissions had been accessed in the last 24 hours.  So somehow since I have probably used Samsung email for almost 2 years, I couldn't access my email without giving those two permissions.Do you think it was malware and I gave permission to some jerk? If not, why in the world would I lose my Samsung email permissions? Thanks for your feedback.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@twinlesstwin You can easily check and change the permissions on the phone. 

1. Long press on the email app icon until a dialog box pops up.
  2. Click on the i (in the circle) in the upper right.
  3. Click on Permissions. You will see which permissions are allowed and which are not. 
  4. If you want to allow a permission which is not allowed, click on it. 
  5. Click on Allow
  6. Click the back arrow at the top of the screen.

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@twinlesstwin You can easily check and change the permissions on the phone. 

1. Long press on the email app icon until a dialog box pops up.
  2. Click on the i (in the circle) in the upper right.
  3. Click on Permissions. You will see which permissions are allowed and which are not. 
  4. If you want to allow a permission which is not allowed, click on it. 
  5. Click on Allow
  6. Click the back arrow at the top of the screen.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My question was not how to change permissions. It is WHY did I lose the permissions I had when I didn't change it myself? It just seems weird to lose permissions for no obvious reason, especially because I didn't do it.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@twinlesstwin There is a service that runs that tracks permission usage. If an app hasn't used a permission in a while it will be turned off. You will get notices when this happens. Off the top of my head, I don't know where you can configure this service. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It was for my Samsung email and I use it all the time.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not trying to change permissions. I was trying to find out why I lost them. It was 2 permissions that made my Samsung email not work unless I enabled them again even though I had been using my Samsung email the day before and multiple times a day. Just trying to make sense why I lost two permissions and had to re-enable them before I could use my Samsung email again.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I didn't get a notice. It was turned off and I had to turn it back on. But I did just see that I had turned on the radio button that said to remove permissions if app is unused. So I turned it off and I'm just going to let this go. Thank you all for your comments.
0 Likes