Original topic:

New Phone Data Transfer

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
AbraxasGalaxyS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
OLD PHONE - Galaxy S10 -One UI version 4.1-Android version 12.
NEW PHONE - Galaxy S24 PLUS- One UI version 6.1-Android version 14.
QUESTION #1-When transferring my data, files and apps, from old to new is it better to take all apps out of folders or keep them in?
QUESTION #2- Will there be a compatibility issue because of the difference between the One UI and Android versions?
QUESTION #3- Any other issues with the data transfer/set-up process know to anyone here?
Thank you in advance for serious assistance without BS.

0 Likes
4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All you need to do is load smartswitch on both devices and select everything you want to copy

1. I never remove items from folders it copy's everything
2. You shouldn't have compatibility issues since it will download the correct version of your apps.
3. I've never had an issue

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
AbraxasGalaxyS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you immensely for such a timely and coherent response. Short, sweet and to the point. Bravo.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lol Smartswitch is the best. I haven't had to set up a phone in years it copy's all of your screens and everything just backup your device before hand just incase anything happens

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
AbraxasGalaxyS24
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Duly noted and I appreciate the help.
I sent a DM with a Follow request. Did you get it? It may seem quirky or even dumb but I'm 73 and got a different set of rules I Follow about people. No games or Social Media sites on my phone. None. I own a company and don't have time for all that. Thanks again.