JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Samsung Health App Update

(Topic created: 07-27-2023 09:14 AM)
sam369
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This new updated layout on my Samsung Health for the Galaxy s20+ is horrible. It makes looking at my runs so much more laborious. Where previously I could just click on a run, and see my route, heart rate and pace (with grids on and heart rate zone colors), and other stats, now you have to select between the chart and map, the map no longer has your kilometers numbered or your fastest lap labeled, the chart no longer has grid lines or color coding, to see splits requires extra selections, and it's all just harder to use. And I think the new exercise pictures at the top are tacky and make the app look less sleek.

This feels like a major step backward, like they took away functionality and made it harder to use. This feels like something that would have been a previous version of the app. Please revert these changes or at least put an option for the previous settings. 

I'm like one of the only people that use Samsung Health for run tracking. I've thought about switching, but it's just so easy having a samsung phone, Samsung watch, then just tracking it in the Samsung app. Plus I enjoyed the route map picture, splits, heart rate zones, etc. Now that those features are harder to use, I'm leaning towards switching apps again. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Ntuitive1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I hate the update too but in my case I'm upset about the changes to the sleep tracking app.  It's now not as easy to read and I'm not sure what I'm looking at anymore.  They got rid of the pie chart but what they replaced it with is not as easy to understand.  You have to keep swiping to the right to see individual sleep segments in a 24 hour period but there's no way to know that unless you just happen to stumble upon it. 

Nothing is obvious anymore.  My sleep score box seems to only show one segment of my sleep in a 24 hour period so is that sleep score only based on that segment?  I don't get it.  Plus they seem to have taken the advice of some users to see an average of your total sleep score in a 24 hour period, not just the separate parts of interrupted sleep.  Well OK but what if you want to see the separate sleep scores too?  And I don't think what my sleep score was last night should be factored into my sleep score tonight but it looks like they are averaging out the score to include everything in a 24 hour period.  But that's not relevant to me if I want to know what my score was starting from the time I went to bed in the evening last night until I woke up this morning.  And now I'm being told my sleep score is only "fair" at 69.  Seriously?  It used to tell me it was good or very good at that score, and most people in my age bracket don't even reach a score of 50 according to the old app. version.

And lastly, the bar chart of your sleep stages is now not easy to read anymore either.  The line is fatter and more scrunched when it doesn't have to be because the separate intervals now appear on separate screens.  I'm not exactly a dolt and yet I'm left scratching my head.  I don't know what they were thinking with these changes and wish I could go back to the previous version.  At least what I see on my watch is still the same and more similar to the previous version.  I hope that doesn't change too.

Yukoner
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I prefer the grids on the Samsung Health Heart Rate chart so I can see my heart rate numbers at the peaks and lows.

userjnzs00OQqG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't like the updates to exercise or sleep
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.