Original topic:

[Petition] Samsung, We Don’t Want Carriers to Control Our Phones: End the CSC System Now.

(Topic created: 07-13-2024 05:38 PM)
itsyaboimaxoo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello everyone,

I have started a petition to let Samsung know we are tired of the bloatware and restrictions carriers impose to us.

This is a Samsung specific issue, that does not affect other phone manufacturers such as Apple or Google.

Share this as much as you want to, and don't forget to read the description 🙂

Here's the link: change.org/SamsungLetUsChoose.

Thanks 🙂

PS: no hate of course, I love my S24 Ultra!

0 Likes
7 Replies
ChaosSaber
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have no bloatware on my phone, what bloatware do you have?
0 Likes
Owenp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung phone, contacts etc. 90% of them I can't uninstall (you can root the phone and void the warranty though). Few people are tech experts.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you purchase a carrier locked phone from your carrier, they are the ones installing bloatware and it has nothing to do with Samsung. if you have a carrier locked phone, they control your phone.  That is the way it has always been and still has nothing to do with Samsung.  You are free to buy factory unlocked phones, but the carrier still has some control. 

You sound too young to remember the beforetimes when cell phones first came into being.  There was a time when you could ONLY buy carrier locked phones (and talk about bloatware) and you couldn't even take and use the phone you came to love with you if you wanted to switch carriers as you usually had a 2 year contract, and then if you wanted to leave your carrier and go to another, you had to buy a new phone with the new carrier. If you left before your contract was up and you hadn't fully paid for the phone, you had to give it back or pay the balance in full for a phone you could no longer use.  Then a law was passed saying the carriers had to unlock phones upon request after a the phone was paid off or your contract was up.  This finally allowed people the freedom to take their phones and all the contacts they had stored on them to another carrier. 

These days you do have the choice to buy a factory unlocked phone and choose which carrier you want to use it with.  The financing options might not be as convenient as having your carrier add the cost onto your bill, but at least you don't have to fork over mega bucks all at once, and you get to take your beloved phone with you to whichever carrier gives you the most bang for your bucks.

Petition against Samsung...pfft.

0 Likes
Leapyear68
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sorry, but this is one of the funniest posts I have read! A petition? Really??? Think about this logically. You would need more signatures than Samsung has customers to make it even remotely effective. And through these forums, the percentage of people that this would reach is absolutely inconsequential. Kudos for trying though!
Mitka
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What does bloat consist of?
0 Likes
meself
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bloatware been a thing for many years I e games etc which can be uninstall what bloatware are you stating
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bloatware also used to mean useless stuff the carrier installed taking up space that you could not delete. A real problem when phones had very little storage and the OS and bloatware took up ¾ of it.