Original topic:

Phasing Out Samsung Messages

(Topic created: 8 hours ago)
RobertsYalon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm sad and disheartened to learn that not only will Samsung Messages no longer be pre-installed on Samsung devices, but also it will no longer support Galaxy Themes. That's not right Samsung! Reverse that decision and have Themes apply to the downloaded Samsung Messages. Why take away what makes Samsung Messages special? I buy themes because they apply to Samsung Messages. Samsung Messages allowed so much customization including the feature Customize Chat Room. I switched from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy because of customization and choices. If people want to choose Google Messages for themselves then that's fine, but give people the choice of choosing instead of making that choice for them. Don't take that choice away. It is not my choice to use Google Messages, and getting rid of special features from Samsung Messages to get users to choose Google Messages is nonsense. I HATE this decision they made. First Samsung got rid of Samsung Places, now they're slowly but surely getting rid of Samsung Messages. What's next on the chopping block Samsung?
18 Replies
HeathenHalflings
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
.......I dont think I've ever seen either of those things
0 Likes
MohammedM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They dropped android beam, swipe gestures on the fingerprint sensor, and now Samsung messages. Very sad indeed
Galaxy S Phones
android beam is basically quick share
0 Likes
MohammedM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I liked the ease of android beam. Putting the phones back to back and then tapping. Quick share is good too
0 Likes
Galaxy S Phones
I do miss that. I hate quick share
0 Likes
Babykins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is this why I can no longer use the cute emojis that I have paid for? The only ones to work are the pre installed ones. This sucks.
0 Likes
Galaxy S Phones
use samsung keyboard for the ones you paid for.
0 Likes
Babykins
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I do. Received an update and now we can't see any of them. Even some of the free ones don't work.
0 Likes
meself
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I prefer Samsung messages over Google