Original topic:

S20 Ultra USB-C Headphones not Working

(Topic created: 03-06-2020 11:12 PM)
userwbNTEDDVt7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

I recently received my S20 Ultra and am loving it! Now though, the bundled usb-c headphones have stopped working.

Help pls

JUMP TO SOLUTION
19 Replies
userSqYkQ9Sp57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please dear moderators, do not delete my post again, you suppress the freedom of expression. (My post was deleted immediately after I posted it).

Hard to believe, but my headphones (accessories, AKG USB-C) don't work anymore either. I used the headphones once and now I can't use them anymore, because the headphones send the signal all the time to turn down the volume. Obviously a problem with the headphones.

How can it be that the headphones are broken? I am absolutely convinced that it is not due to my handling.

I received my last in-ear headphones with the purchase of my last iPhone. Hmm strange that these headphones have been with me for 3+ years and Samsung can't even manage to get the headphones included in the package to last a month. (As I said, I used Samsung's AKG only once!)

When you buy a smartphone that costs a small fortune and the manufacturers don't pay attention to small details, I quickly distance myself.

Honestly, I wanted to give Samsung another chance with the S20. I can't have it at all, if with such sums, no attention is paid to such small details.

I am convinced that this would not have happened to me with an iPhone.
Sure, the S20 itself can't be blamed for the mistake, which lies in the AKG headphones. Nevertheless, they are there when you buy them, so please check the garbage you sell with your phone.

I can't get rid of the feeling that with Samsung everything only looks "clean and sharp" at first glance. I never had this feeling with Apple's products. Period.

#BackToApple

user9RD7TOXydB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have exactly the same issue as this. Volume turns down to zero around 10 seconds after I plug my headphones in. If anyone has found a solution to this please let me know. Thanks.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

does it happen to all earphones?

i think volume down button on your earphone is pressed and stuck.

try to press volume and see if it fixes from turning volume down(using button from earphone), or try with other earphone

0 Likes
Solution
usergqRk1EWuvq
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had the same problem. Samsumg has an App called "Samsung USB-C headset". I force stopped that application. Then the USB Headphones started working fine. So, it is just a buggy app issue. Restart the "Samsung USB-C headset". This will solve the issue.

user7k6XJxuaZ3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hi 

I have samsung S20 and my headphone is not working just today 

Dont know why , seems it is not recognised and MEDIA is nit working 

could you please help me with that?

0 Likes
Tjstevens058
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I never got any earphones with mine. I had a pair from an older android phone. I didn't work either.

0 Likes
userkNJCdyhnE9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same thing happened to me after 2 weeks...

Go to settings - advanced features - Disable Call & text on other devices

Mine works fine now

0 Likes
userPwEUhDTado
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Was hoping this worked but unfortunately it does not

0 Likes
useryecdg1HhWx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem with an  S20 Ultra bought in Panama. When I googled for solutions this topic it's highlighted as "SOLVED" but when I read I can see it's another lie, as mot of Samsung's.

0 Likes
user6cKXRQAYKt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem too, the AKG headphones that came with the Galaxy S20 stopped working. please advise!