cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Co
Asteroid

S7 Edge battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lately on my s7 edge the android system and android os have been draining a high amount of battery. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: S7 Edge battery drain

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @Co

You can find information on what you are experiencing and steps to take on the post here: How to: Battery Troubleshooting and Tips

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @Co. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
How much of the battery is drained by those two things? How fast is the battery draining? You're welcome to send a screenshot of the battery usage chart so the Community can look that over for you and give some suggestions! 

Also, you're welcome to try some of these generic battery saving tips: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-Battery-Tips-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/5015...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Co
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Android os and Android system is draining at a rate of 35% each. Any tips or suggestions? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @Co

You can find information on what you are experiencing and steps to take on the post here: How to: Battery Troubleshooting and Tips

View solution in original post

useryYWBbalfm5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All quick fixes suggested are useless. If Sansung S7 is a smart phone, then all the functions what you are asking to shut down should be working. If not, a simple dialing phone is enough. Why to spend sooo much?!!!

userIAx8oxpnSN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have a new s7 edge only 2 days . but battery drains very fast . i use samsung fast charger and after j fully charged my phone it doesnot last more than 4 hrs.i want a quick solution .i have already appiled all the solution from internet.any kind of help from you ?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userIAx8oxpnSN

Can you please give us a screen shot of your battery usage chart? That way we can look over what's going on.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

uservC0oXolzCi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Power the phone down. Charge fully. Then leave on the charger at least a hour and a half longer after full charge indication(leave the phone powered off the entire time). After that you should be set to go. The battery has to be recalibrated. If that doesn't work you may have to perform a factory reset.

holyforest
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue with the Fingerprint sensor not working and saw the Error Message saying something to the nature of that the Fingerprint sensor was not working and if the problem persists to power restart the S7 Edge.  Also I was experiencing rapid battery drain issues as well.

I tried the Power > Restart and Power > Power off, but still had the issue.

What I decided to do was to back up my phone using Samsung Smart Switch. You can download the software from:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/smart-switch-support/#!/

This process will take a long time.  At the beginning of the backup process. The download progression will be at 0% for a long time (at least 15~20mins). Just have to be patient.  It took almost 2 hours to backup the phone using Samsung Smart Switch.

After backing up the S7 Edge, I conducted a Factory data reset.

Settings > Backup and reset > Factory data reset.

After restoring to factory, I uploaded the backup from Smart Switch.

The fingerprint sensor will still NOT work.  You will have to install the new updates:  Settings > System updates > Check for system updates.  *note* I wasn't able to see any available updates for about a day.  You might have to be connected to the WIFI or have the charger connected to the phone.

After the update was installed, the finger print sensor was working again.

This also process also fixed the rapid battery drain issue on my S7 Edge.  Before when I charged to 100% at 11PM and woke in the in morning around 6AM, the battery drained to 84~87% and would drain quickly throughout the day with normal use.  Now when I check the battery in the morning, I see 95~97% and I could use my phone all day until evening and still show about 50%.

Hope this help because Samsung Tech Support was useless in providing me a solution.

KennyA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

how do you see the battery drainage chart. Why doesn't Samsung look to fix it??!!!!???