cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

S7 edge Android 7.0 and Oculus question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently picked up a VR headset and so far enjoy it. My main question on this is with the update to 7, seems I can not move apps to my SD card for memory puposes. Was this removed or did it get relocated to another place

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: S7 edge Android 7.0 and Oculus question

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the screenshot! Would you mind clarifying the path you are taking to try and move apps to the SD card? Also, just to make sure we are on the same page, are you only having trouble with certain apps or have you had this problem with all of the apps on your phone? Sometimes developers won't grant permission for their app to be moved to external storage. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @PlanetExpress73. Thanks for taking the time to reach out about this.
We will be happy to help! To better do that, can we have a little more information about your phone? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the screenshot! Would you mind clarifying the path you are taking to try and move apps to the SD card? Also, just to make sure we are on the same page, are you only having trouble with certain apps or have you had this problem with all of the apps on your phone? Sometimes developers won't grant permission for their app to be moved to external storage. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Settings / Applications/ Application Info / Storage.

I have tried this with the following Apps

Oculus

Paypal

Facebook

Netflix vr

Timehop

Xbox Mobile App

Youtube

And several others. There is simply no option to move some of the larger programs over to my expandable memory. Really odd.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright. After double checking with our lab technician, it is still possible to move apps to the SD card. However, if you do not see the option to move an apps within the Application Manager, it unfortunately means that particular app can't be moved.