S7 edge pink line down screen

SOLVED
Asteroid

S7 edge pink line down screen

[ Edited ]

A pink line popped up on the screen. It goes from top to bottom in middle. I tried changing theme, wallpaper, setting, and rebooting phone. It don't seem to want to go away but when I send photos or anything else it will appear normal on there screen. Is there anything I can do to fix? Any help will be appreciated, thank you

See more topics labeled with:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor (Elite)
Solution
Accepted by SamsungViv (Honored Contributor)
‎04-17-2017 12:26 PM

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

[ Edited ]

@cvdw12

This is most likely a sign of the display failing. I recommend contacting the technical support team at 1-800-726-7864 and work with them on getting your phone sent in to see if they can help.

Also you can try taking it back to where you bought it from and see if they can do an exchange on the device since its not that old.

--~Mistakes are proof you are trying~--   
For repairs or general technical support call: 1-800-726-7864 (1-800-Samsung)

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

667 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. Please provide us more information about this concern.

Can we get the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? This will better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future!

Also to avoid repetition, can we get an idea of some of the troubleshooting steps you may have tried, if any?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Carrier is Verizon 

Attachments

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

N

Attachments

Honored Contributor

Thanks for this information! You mentioned that when pictures are sent to others they don't see the pink line. Indeed with the screen shot you sent we don't see it here either. 

In this case it sounds like your screen itself might have a column of pixels that are acting up! We can certainly try some troubleshooting just to check, but this might require a repair. To avoid repetition though, what troubleshooting steps have you already tried, if any?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Astronaut

I also have a pink.line down the right side of my s7 edge.SM-G935F

Solution
Accepted by SamsungViv (Honored Contributor)
‎04-17-2017 12:26 PM

[ Edited ]

@cvdw12

This is most likely a sign of the display failing. I recommend contacting the technical support team at 1-800-726-7864 and work with them on getting your phone sent in to see if they can help.

Also you can try taking it back to where you bought it from and see if they can do an exchange on the device since its not that old.

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MTZ
Cosmic Ray

Same is here, just woke some morning and saw this ugly-frustrting-making-mecrazzzy thing on my brand new (~2 month old) unlocked S7

(attached, sorry for bad quality second device's camere is not match for S7)

The pixel array looks to be physically burned, neither factory reset nor color theme nor brightness change does not affect the line, just seen better on bright background

I really would like (and hope) to get some official statement on the matter with clear guidlince for steps to be tacken in such case (looks to be more than just an ancident)

Regards

[ Edited ]

@MTZ Ufortunately this is a hardware related problem so doing to the factory reset and trying to clear the cache will not help. The problem is in the LED screen itself and will need to be replaced. More specifically it is the vertical line driver that has failed. (I cannot 100% say with certainty that this is the case without physically inspecting the device, but everytime I have seen this in the past that was the cause.)

MTZ
Cosmic Ray

@JonDevthank you for your reply

Indeed HW issue it is. The display / pixels matrix itself is not damaged: applying soft preasure on upper side of the screen (near samsung logo) makes the line stronger / weaker and even can make it to disapear for a while. (perhaps a connector )

Exactly same pattern is reported by several S7 users on androidcentral forum (not sure if external links are tolerated here)

Took the device to local support center (claimed to be samsung official) and ta-daam ... they claim ~350$ for screen replacement without performing none but external diagnostic. They claims the the issue is not covered by warranty since there is a small scratch on bottom side of the frame.

@SamsungVivCan you, please, recommend a propper branch or better direct escaletion path for such case, so I could receive official Samsung Int response.

I sence a some sort of unhonest practite (by local representative) trying to change for issue expected to be covered by generic warranty.

In oposite, if the policy applied by Samsung itself, I would like to see clear statement/conditions on warranty coverage / limitation (as I would expect from any trustfull company respecting its customers)

Regards