S7 edge pink line down screen

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

It is jus a temporary fixed brother. It will come back soon..and the more you press the damaged part..the bigger pink line will develope on your screen. I would suggest you bring it in the service center to have it fixed permanently. The damage on the defective LCD chip will only worsen if you will keep on applying pressure on your screen Smiley Happy

Constellation

You can fix it with Pixel Fixer: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aiuspaktyn.pixelfixer

It worked great for me.  Others have said press just left of the camera, and yes this does make it go away but as soon as you release it comes back.  I don't like putting pressure on the screen.  I used the Pixelfixer that is in the play store and it worked perfect.  No pressure or anything.  There is something wrong with these phones but this was a very simple fix.

Astronaut

I have just received the s8 and it has the same problem this happened on my s7 edge.  

Honored Contributor

Is it a direct pink line like in the previous images uploaded here? Are you able to take a picture and post it so that I may take a look at what it looks like?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Constellation

Sending in my phone tomorrow to the service repair center.

Like others here - have never dropped my phone. No scratches/cracks/scuffs/dents anywhere on the phone - has lived in a case since the day I bought it.

Bought phone in July 2016 - pink line first showeed up a month ago, went away for a day, and then would come back here and there over the course of a week. Gradually stayed present, event after putting pressure on the screen. Has now grown to be several pixels wide.

Have gone back and forth with Samsung support on Twitter - still can't believe that they will not admit there is a widespread problem here. After the Note 7 debacle and Samsung's initial claim that people were leaving their phones plugged in charging too long, and then finally admitting there was a problem - and then reading that some people have had their S7/S7 Edge's repaired but the pink line came back - I am done with Samsung. Bought a replacement phone already, when I get my S7 Edge back, it will immediately go on Ebay - will likely lose money but don't care at this point.

Constellation

SamsungMarcos,

This software guy on XDA Developers Forum has what sounds like the most reasonable explanation for the cause of the pink line that I've seen yet.

He says that the heat of the Galaxy S7 softens the glue holding the flex ribbon cable to the display, and the connection eventually becomes intermittent.  Sure sounds like a design defect. Here's the link:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/s7-edge/how-to/samsung-s7-edge-pink-line-reason-t3594138

For reference, here are pictures of a pink line, and the inside of the display approximately where it occurs...

pink line.jpg

inside view of pink line location.jpg

Honored Contributor

I've actually read that, and find that to be one of the more sound theories for sure. I've actually seen what the pink line looks like in person, but I was asking for images of the S8 that claims to have it. That is something I'd definitely like to confirm looks exactly like the image you just sent. Thanks for the heads up though!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Constellation

SamsungMarcos wrote:

I've actually read that, and find that to be one of the more sound theories for sure. I've actually seen what the pink line looks like in person, but I was asking for images of the S8 that claims to have it. That is something I'd definitely like to confirm looks exactly like the image you just sent. Thanks for the heads up though!

SamsungMarcos,

I understood that you wanted to see a picture of the S8 with a pink line.

However, I was trying to focus on the S7 issue, and am anxiously awaiting to hear how Samsung plans to handle things going forward that will address the concerns of all the people who have contributed to this thread.

Honored Contributor

Ah ok @wavering_owner, cool, thanks for clarifying!

Do not worry, I won't be trying to take too much focus away from this as a whole, as I know a lot of people are still having problems with this.

Astronaut

S7 edge pink line down screen
A pink line popped up on the screen. It goes from top to bottom in middle. I tried changing theme, wallpaper, setting, and rebooting phone. It don't seem to want to go away but when I send photos or anything else it will appear normal on there screen. Is there anything I can do to fix? Any help will be appreciated, thank you