cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user8jEeNEHFyx
Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my phone started doing this yesterday.  really makes you lose confidence in Samsung...

When my wife's LG G4 had the dreaded bootloop, they just immediately replaced it

userjyR9QVseA6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am also experiencing the same with my S7 edge. Send my device to Samsung through a dealer. It's been one week and no update from their part.
First i had to go through note 7 and now this. Makes me question the credibility of Samsung products.
userEzzsKRr7Cr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Deleting this thread would do Samsung no good, it would only prove their guilt. I have a record of every post on this thread as a backup anyway.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can assure almost all of you right now, that this thread will not be going anywhere, nor will it be deleted. I apologize if I've been absent from the thread for quite some time, but with our system, sometimes I'm not always the one who gets to read over this. However, I've been keeping a record/spreadsheet as of last month on all threads that I have responded to, as well as are ongoing. I've been cycling through every page of this thread and taking down device model numbers, as well as baseband versions for my spreadsheet.

About all I can do is send the information off to be looked into by someone else who pushes it to the right direction. That's why I'm not able to promise anything to anyone, as it just wouldn't be fair. I wait patiently just like the rest of you fine folks, and I thank you for your incredible patience in the matter. I just wanted to touch back to let you know that the thread isn't going anywhere, as I saw the most recent replies, and concerns popping up. That being said, if you have been active on this thread, and have not posted your device information (model number, baseband version), please feel free to do so. You can even PM it to me if you'd like to keep it from cluttering this thread up more.

That being said, if anyone has had this problem fixed by sending it out for repair, or replacing, please mention that as well. If you did have it repaired, were any notes provided as to what was replaced/fixed?

I'd like to say I'm sorry again for not touching base sooner, and that my inbox is always open. If you feel I have not been around for awhile and wondering why that is, shoot me a line. Sometimes I tunnel vision on things, so it's just as easy for me to venture off on some other thread. Give me a poke, it's perfectly fine! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user8jEeNEHFyx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model: SM-G935T

Baseband G935TUVU4APK1

Support sent me a label to ship my phone to a repair center

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information! Let me know what the outcome is from you sending your device in. Would appreciate that greatly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

user8jEeNEHFyx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

got my phone back after about a week.  they ended up replacing the lcd assembly.  they also sent me a new quick charger (which is good because the one that came with my phone just crapped out a week before the pink line).  overall service was ok, but I did give feedback  saying I was disappointed it took so long for Samsung to admit there was an issue.  

good luck to all those who don't have a warranty on the phone!

raf_shc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Had this issue too. Phone still in warranty so sent it off to Samsung UK. However, there was a slight scratch on the back and they insisted that I pay £92.14 first to get that fixed before they could fix the screen under warranty. I agreed and paid said amount. 2 days later received the phone back and the pink line was still there and the scratch was still on the back. In the packaging there was a small note explaining that the engineer deemed the phone beyond economical repair and it was not covered under the warranty! Furiously I phoned Samsung again explaining everything and I wasn't sending my phone in again after they already had it for 2 weeks so they gave my money back that they shouldn't have taken off me anyway.

Coming from an ex-Apple user, I love the Samsung S7 Edge but their customer service experience is pants!! I think I will ditch Samsung in the future... but the S8 looks good... decisions
rfpatterson
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model Number: SM-G935P

Serial Number:  I could only find IMEI: *edited*

I sent the phone to Samsung and they would do nothing because the screen was cracked.  The problem started before the screen cracked.  

If I have to buy a new phone, it will not be Samsung.  I am very dissapointed that Samsung won't own up to this manufacturing defect.  I have used phones with cracked screens before, not a big deal.  The pink line makes it very hard to read anything.  I have to turn my phone sideways just to see what time it is.

shawnmthomas
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is why I am urging folks not to "deal" with this "bandaid" of applying pressure to the screen. Get it looked at ASAP! First bring it to your carrier, then based off their response, deal with Samsung. Dealing with the mobile carrier is by far faster, and does NOT require you to submit an insurance claim, since it is a KNOWN Samsung hardware error. The longer you keep the phone with this issue, the more vulnerable you are to actually causing real damage to the device. I brought mine to Tmobile, I had a new one by the next afternoon. Granted it was a refurb, but it is what it is. So far knock on wood this one has been OK for a month or two. It does still overheat at times and the charging port was definately the original issue of this phone but all in all I am dealing with it fine.