Original topic:

Samsung Email app not showing folders

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 04:58 PM)
RobinCB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I've begun relying more and more on my phone's email but realize now that folders/subfolders aren't there. I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall since I've got several emails in the app and I don't look forward to re-customizing.

There don't seem to be any updates. Version 6.1.94.2 is installed on my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.  Does anyone have any ideas? If I do uninstall, when I reinstall, is there any way to save my settings/customizations?

3 Replies
Isabella Rose
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi,

I understand how inconvenient this issue can be. Here are a few suggestions to help resolve the problem with your Samsung Email app:

1. Refresh Account Sync:

• Go to Settings > Accounts and backup > Accounts.
    • Select the email account in question and tap on Sync account. Make sure all relevant options are enabled.
  2. Clear Cache and Data:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Samsung Email.
    • Tap on Storage and then Clear Cache. If that doesnā€™t work, you might try Clear Data. Note that clearing data will reset the app and youā€™ll need to reconfigure your accounts.
  3. Check Folder Settings:

• Open the Samsung Email app.
    • Go to the Menu (three horizontal lines) and look for Manage folders or Folder settings. Ensure all necessary folders are enabled and visible.
  4. Re-add Account:

• If the above steps donā€™t work, try removing and re-adding the email account. This can often resolve sync issues without needing to reinstall the app.
  5. Export Settings:

• Unfortunately, the Samsung Email app does not have a built-in feature to export settings. However, if you do need to uninstall and reinstall, make a note of your custom settings beforehand to reconfigure them manually after reinstallation.
  6. Alternative Email App:

• As a last resort, consider using an alternative email app that supports folder synchronization, such as Microsoft Outlook or Gmail, which might offer a more stable experience.

I hope one of these suggestions helps!

0 Likes
RobinCB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, Isabella Rose.  I believe #3 I see the problem.  In Manage Folders, the Inbox is not bright like the other folders (that's what most of my folders are sub-folders of).  Is there a way to fix this without removing and re-adding the account?

0 Likes
Erin_Ann
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's what's happening to me now. Have you found a solution??
0 Likes