cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDl5RtlzNlo
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung galaxy s7 edge sound distortion

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree I just paid 769 + tax for my s7 edge and had crackling speaker sound. I called samsung 16 days after purchase and they said I can't return it. I told them about problem of speaker crackling and that I searched Internet and others were having same issues. Samsung said no known issues on this case. Then I got servey link but when I clicked on it took me too all there products. What a joke samsung does not care about there customers. I will never buy samsung again poor customer service and they clearly lie. This topic is all over the Internet and there site. Samsung is BS
SnakesShadow
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For the sound cutting out issue:

Try:

enabling Developer Options

Make sure Prevent USB Audio Routing is OFF

This seems to have worked for me, but I've only just fiddled with that setting. I was having a really bad incident of sound repeatedly fading out, and it rather suddenly stopped after I turned it off so it seems to have fixed it, but I'll give it a few days before I decide that I've really, truly fixed my problem.

For Developer Options:

Settings

About Device

Repeatedly tap Build # until it activates (may take as few as 5, but could be more)

http://m.androidcentral.com/how-enable-developer-mode-galaxy-s7

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh you bet they no and your right they don't care. I have had a S model 2 S 4's and a STATEMENT now own S7 Edge. Every S model Samsung I have owned the microphone needed replaced. Like you I called Samsung..."no ever heard of it" reason why they do not want to have to extend a warranty on a specific "Know" problem. Rather call the shots 1 on 1 case by case then it's a Secret Warranty. Right Samsung you know I know

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh you bet they no and your right they don't care. I have had a S model 2 S 4's and a S5 now own S7 Edge. Every S model Samsung I have owned the microphone needed replaced. Like you I called Samsung..."no ever heard of it" reason why they do not want to have to extend a warranty on a specific "Know" problem. Rather call the shots 1 on 1 case by case then it's a Secret Warranty. Right Samsung you know I know

userZEknxH5INA
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh you bet they no and your right they don't care. I have had a S model 2 S 4's and a S5 now own S7 Edge. Every S model Samsung I have owned the microphone needed replaced. Like you I called Samsung..."no ever heard of it" reason why they do not want to have to extend a warranty on a specific "Know" problem. Rather call the shots 1 on 1 case by case then it's a Secret Warranty. Right Samsung you know I know

userhb4p5IKVGt
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue with my brand new S7 Edge. The latest time it happened, it was while sound was playing the background (a podcast). Then I use speak to text to Google something. And then the sound from Google's automated sound started crackling and so the podcast. All the sound continued to crackle/distort constantly for all apps and all sound. The only thing that stops it is to restart the phone. But it's BS that I have to do this quite often on a brand new phone. If there's any better solutions than the safe mode or anything like that let me know please.

userUUr4rXUKvv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Plz help my speaker keeps popping ....i turned safe mode on still having a problem 

Highlighted
MikeMc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WeChat was the app that caused issues with two of my S7s.  Force stop the app and then remove the permission for phone and microphone.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please make sure to post your review of the app on Google Play. This way you inform others to not go through the same issue as you did.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tencent.mm

Cheers

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxunrrAtWPo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I shut all my apps off and still have trouble with extreme static. It's annoying and I will be discontinuing and going to a cheap phone.