Original topic:

Screen goes green and flickers while locked and charging

(Topic created: 04-18-2020 10:06 PM)
userPy5sQVf5Xn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, 

Just updated my phone today. Now anytime my phone is charging and I lock the screen the screen turns green and black and begins to flicker. If I unplug the charger the phone the screen continues to flicker, however once I lock the screen and then unlock it again the issue is gone. Anyone else have this or know how to fix? A screen shot doesn't show the flicker. I will attempt to use another phone tomorrow to take a photo to show the issue I am discussing. 

ThankThe screen while locked and chargingThe screen while locked and charging

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Brendielad92
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Mate,

This just happended to me and i found a fix, the issue appear to be caused by charging information being showed on screen when locked go to >Settings>Display>Show Charging Information and Turn this off.

> Samsung Moderator can you look at if the software update affect charging and notifactions when the screen is off!

View solution in context

18 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tested the phone in Safe mode to see if the display issue occurs there as well?

1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
  3. When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
  4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
  6. When Safe mode appears in the bottom left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
  7. While in Safe mode, you can now uninstall apps that are causing a problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userPy5sQVf5Xn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello SamsungRei,

Thank you for your response. I attempted the solution you proposed, however even in safe mode the screen issue while charging still exist. 

Thank you

0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device

Please let me know if you continue to experience these symptoms. Your device may need to be evaluated by a Samsung authorized technician. You may take it to your local UbreakIfix and they can usually have it back to you within a day.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8kdpOIDN1p
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Tried it but still an issue any other ideas??

0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would like to look into this further for you. Can you send me a private message using this link here? (http://bit.ly/2HP0oRi) Provide the following information.

• Model number
  • serial number
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did you still need help with your issue?

0 Likes
userPy5sQVf5Xn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes its still doing the same thing. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
Goldenoodles
Astronaut