Original topic:

Setting to block apps from making sounds?

(Topic created: Saturday)
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There used to be a setting on Samsung to block apps from making sounds. This was nice for preventing advertisements from interrupting audio book, etc. Now on my new phone there is no way to do this, it just interrupts my books with loud advertisement noises because I want to play an idle game at the same time. 😕

15 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can always pay for the ad free version of the game that you play while your book is being read.
0 Likes
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Also doesn't work. The "ad free" paid games also still have ads. It's a lie.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You could always just concentrate on the book; or get a tablet to play games on where you can turn the volume off. Yes, I realize that one of the purposes of audio books is so that you can do other things while listening. But I think it would be hard to concentrate on a book while also concentrating on a game.

0 Likes
BrainSlugs83
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not hard to concentrate on a mindless game while listening to a book. Anyway, I didn't ask for unsolicited life advice. I asked how to mute games now that this setting is either gone or moved.
emmysmom28
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'd love to have an answer for this too. The ads interrupt when I cast videos (and play a game at the same time) and I either have to mute the entire phone or be quick to mute the ad but that screws up my video. Super annoying.
0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Go to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced settings. Choose one or more of the Accessibility shortcuts in the top section and add the "Mute All Sounds" feature to it.

If you choose the Accessibility Button, it has two options for what it looks like. You can add a button to the right end of the navigation bar, or you can have a floating button bar that can be moved wherever it's convenient for you.1725296719885.jpg1725296719937.jpg
0 Likes