Original topic:

Stop Scam Samsung ads

(Topic created: 9 hours ago)
Options
Galaxy S Phones
How do you stop getting sumsung harassing ads when they removed the ability to stop notifications? Tried calling the company but they keep allowing the harassment to continue.
5 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You mean on the galaxy store
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Probably means everywhere they can stick them. The Galaxy Store is definitely one. Samsung Wallet is another. Samsung News is OUT OF CONTROL. It's just ridiculous.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have most of those apps but where i only see it happen is the galaxy store to me that is unacceptable.
1,400 for the s24u 2,000 for the fold and having adds. Samsung stop it just stop it
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@StopSamsungHarassmen You will want to start by:

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. Click on Advanced settings
  4. Enable Manage notification categories for each app

Then you can turn off the notification categories for each app that you don't want to see. 

For Samsung Store, I would recommend turning off:

• Instant Plays
  • Events
  • General notifications 
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you are getting ads from the galaxy store, you can turn them off.  You have to have notification categories enabled.  Settings/notifications/advanced settings/manage notification categories for each app.  After you enable the categories, go to the app in the apps list and go to the settings, select notifications, select categories and turn everything of except the mandatory one that they have disabled turning off.  You can turn off Samsung News and you can turn of news notifications from Samsung Internet.  I get no ads on my phone because I have all of that turned off.

Anything else you are getting advertisements from are not coming from Samsung.

0 Likes