Original topic:

Type-C to Jack Adapters not Supported in Samsung S21 Ultra

(Topic created: 03-30-2021 05:35 AM)
userFFkqyNfpDP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

I really think it's not a good idea to buy S21 for one reason is that Samsung moved from Headphone Jack to Type-C and didn't manage it as it should.
When you use a "Type-C to Jack" Adapter, it won't work. All the adapters are not supported. In my case now, I should use external mic to record some interviews I can't because any of the adapters I bought is supported. 

I figured out that a lot of people are suffering from the same issue and reporting it and Samsung don't even care to solve this issue definitely.

I need to use Jack Headphones/Speakers and Jack Microphones on this phone. What to do now? Throw this phone from the window or what ???

11 Replies
userzQ6cIarXo1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This works on my Samsung S21 5G. Just tried it with an external microphone with earbubs, this should work on your Ultra, $12.99 inexpensive give it a try.
Amazon pic & info below.
USB-C Microphone Adapter, CableCreation Type C External Stereo Sound Card with 3.5mm Audio Jack.

Screenshot (371).jpg

0 Likes
userFFkqyNfpDP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Many thanks for your proposal. Unfortunately, the shipping to my country through Amazon costs a lot so I can't afford to buy something through Amazon.
What should be normal and obvious is that Samsung opens its systems to the use of different adapters not only few of them.
I already tested to type-c to jack adapters and both devices "are not supported". I don't understand why should we "suffer" to get a simple functionality that is among the classical functionalities in every single phone.

userNCpsfpnHi7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this work with the S21 Ultra 5G?

A lot of new new features, 2 basic maybe showstopping "Unfeatures" - may need to exchange it if I cant find a way around it

0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I bought the Samsung headphone jack to USB-C adapter for my wife's S21 and my Ultra ... both work flawlessly
0 Likes
userFFkqyNfpDP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Happy for you. This is my case unfortunately. I already tested to type-c to jack adapters and both devices "are not supported". I don't understand why should we "suffer" to get a simple functionality that is among the classical functionalities in every single phone.

userNQ3utaRIr1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just bought 2 different ugreen adaptors and neither of them work on a new S21 Ultra

Pretty disappointing, finding all these things after the fact.  Coming from an S7 Edge, some things are feeling like a downgrade, like heart rate, oxygen levels, 3.5mm jack and now usb c compatibility issues.

userNCpsfpnHi7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Problem Solved!

Solution: Samsung EE-UC10JUWEGUS USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter - https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/usb-c-headphone-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwe...

This is a direct 3.5mm Stereo with Microphone (T-R-R-R) to USB-C adapter specific to Samsung S21 Ultra and turns your USB-C jack into the actual headphone jack that would be on the S21 board (if it were built in).

The problem with the adapters shown above is that they are essentially USB sound cards - which would mean they would require external drivers.  Some of these are made for PCs and don't include Android drivers.

Thinking about the whole thing, it might be better to have this adapter than a headphone jack on the board.  I have always ended up having to clean this port, since stuff gets into it like lint in your pockets.

I don't like how you can't charge your phone while listening - however from an engineering standpoint there is a physically possible solution to this too, and if I find it I'll let you know

0 Likes
userScINnXitqG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

But it degrades sound quality a lot. Mic's gain is hampered a lot with this particular cable. I purchased this and found that my amazing mic is downgraded to (probably) only 1% better than the built-in mic. Recorded sound also sounds muffled. Unfortunately, this is the only cable that's supported for S21ultra. Absolutely disappointing!

userNCpsfpnHi7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey I found the solution to this at the bottom.  It's a Samsung EE-UC10JUWEGUS USB-C to 3.5mm Adapter (not an external sound card like the one shown below but an adapter that goes directly to the board - just like the "Real Mccoy" but it's replaceable and only $15) https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/usb-c-headphone-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwe...