JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to send pictures through text

(Topic created: 07-15-2021 03:24 PM)
RocknRobyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't send pictures through text messaging. Can someone tell me how to fix this? I can't find advanced settings 😕 in my messages settings tab. Super frustrating!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RocknRobyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've contacted straight talk and they are helping me than you though

View solution in context

0 Likes
42 Replies
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In the messaging app if you hit the three dots on the top right that brings up a side menu hit settings inside of that is another settings menu but nothing labeled advanced you can select more settings and then text messaging and multimedia.
I don't think it's the settings of the app it sounds like there's another problem I would need more information to diagnose further
The top things are make sure you have signal or hook to Wi-Fi you can reset the cache on the messaging app if not you could send an error report through the Samsung members app and they can see if there is an error in the log
0 Likes
RocknRobyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Now what? And thank you for your helpScreenshot_20210715-164126_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Multimedia that's pictures
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And that menu is mainly for auto retrieving on roaming and getting notified when you send a multimedia text.
If you're having trouble with the Samsung default messaging app I use Google messaging app you could try that and see if pictures will send through that app
0 Likes
RocknRobyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So I just switched phones and now I can't send pictures
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So when you send a picture through Samsung default messaging it comes up with an error can't send ?
0 Likes
RocknRobyn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes
0 Likes
Vilen
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Simple, Clean up the storage. Especially your Pictures and Video sent by you or to you trough text. Every text content is in your storage. When Android reaches extreme amount of Apps instaled or storage space reaches less than 15% left , its will slow down to the point that even text won't go trough. Had problem many times. The problem is that it will slow its processes and at the same time, all the apps you have running in the background also taking most of the VIRTUAL memory. Lowering Apps amount running in the backroung and bringing the storage to abount 25% to 30% Will do. That how i solved it.
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm a little puzzled they said they switched phones I'm assuming it's a brand new phone It shouldn't be full
0 Likes