Original topic:

Unwanted startup of siriusxm music when phone starts

(Topic created: Monday)
gallen22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I need to be able to stop music from automatically starting to play from SiriusXM app every time I turn my phone on AND when I unlock secure folder (so music starts 2 times). This happens when I have SiriusXM app playing music anytime during previous day and I punch the pause button to stop playing music. I cannot find a way to stop app to stop music, so I pause music to stop music from playing. So my phone must think when I turn the phone back on after it has been off overnight that I am unpausing to play, even though the music had been paused hours before turning phone off. If after playing SiriusXM app, I uninstall app & reinstall the app without starting to play music, turning phone off & back on again the phone DOES NOT start playing music automatically. So my conclusion is the app probably needs to have a stop button instead of just a pause button to fix this and I don't know where to find a stop command on the app. Please help me find a way to stop music from automatically starting when I turn phone off without uninstalling it & reinstalling it. I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G and I think it is running Android 14 since Samsung stopped OS updates for my phone. 
Greg
gallen22@hotmail.com 
6 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried just closing the app from within the recent apps list after you are done playing music?  I don't have the Sirius app, but I do know some music players have absolutely no way to turn them off. In the past I have just closed it from within the recent apps screen. It is the fault of the app developers that they chose not to put an off switch. I guess they don't want you to stop playing their music. Same thing happens with Spotify, however, rebooting your phone is supposed to turn everything off.

0 Likes
gallen22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for replying. I don't know how to find recent apps list, but I would be happy to try that. I thought about going to settings>apps & force stop sirius XM, but I haven't tried that, hoping there is a better way. How do I find recent app list?
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you are still using the nav bar and not swipe gestures, it's the button with 3 vertical lines next to the home button. If you are using swipe gestures, I am not sure which swipe does it. I would assume swiping up on the left side of the screen. From there, you can close all open apps, or swipe a single one closed.

0 Likes
69LSX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My phone is also doing this. I've had the app on my phone for years and has been trouble free until just this past weekend when something must have changed.

I have forced closed the app and yet any time I restart my phone it will automatically start playing music.
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The something that changed may be that Sirius updated their app and there's a misconfiguration.  I suggest contacting them to make them aware, or just to demand an off switch.

0 Likes
BusyBee917
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same problem with spotify after every update.
0 Likes