JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

limited forum responses??

(Topic created: 03-16-2021 05:33 PM)
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just curious but, are you limited to the amount of times you can post on here? Whether your answering questions or making a post. After a whole it tells me server error, try again later 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
One thing that causes that "server error" (mobile app) message are the use of words that are disallowed.

Instead of telling you, "word xxxxx is not allowed", it displays that "server error" message.

If you log in on a desktop or laptop using a browser, you'll actually see the proper error message, but using the mobile app, you see this arcane error message.

I recently responded to a post and I had to use the word "smap" (reverse m and p for the real word), because if the real word is used, that arcane error is displayed.

I'm up to 900-something replies, so at least we know you can reach 900+ with no issues : )

EDIT:. oddly, also ... if the original post has bad keywords, and you want to respond to the thread, you will get the "server error" because the original post is hosed. That's why you'll see some thread with ONLY the original post, with no responses

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
One thing that causes that "server error" (mobile app) message are the use of words that are disallowed.

Instead of telling you, "word xxxxx is not allowed", it displays that "server error" message.

If you log in on a desktop or laptop using a browser, you'll actually see the proper error message, but using the mobile app, you see this arcane error message.

I recently responded to a post and I had to use the word "smap" (reverse m and p for the real word), because if the real word is used, that arcane error is displayed.

I'm up to 900-something replies, so at least we know you can reach 900+ with no issues : )

EDIT:. oddly, also ... if the original post has bad keywords, and you want to respond to the thread, you will get the "server error" because the original post is hosed. That's why you'll see some thread with ONLY the original post, with no responses
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
that makes total sense!!!!!! your a genius my man. my bad mouth did it for sure haha thank you @user751201tmO21
0 Likes
GZ2fold
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I wish if all the data that was typed in wasn't totally deleted because of some small error that you can't get the chance to fix: at the very least it could be highlighted. You can't imagine how many well worded and researched responses I have written only to see them disappear as if I am wasting my time, concern, efforts and it doesn't matter. I don't even respond that much anymore.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
that's why I either
a) compose, then highlight all, then Copy (to Clipboard)

b) compose in Google Keep (notes app), then Copy-n-paste into a reply

I don't do this, of course, if I'm on the desktop machine (openSuse Tumbleweed Linux) using my browser, because using Members that way does Auto-saves and tells you what the issue is ... it also has a rich editor ... however, the sort feature is weird
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Check out the screenshot (I'm using my desktop/browser now) ... i am responding to that thread and clicked Reply and you can see the error message - problem is, I didn't use "that" word - it's a word in the OP's original post, i.e., the title of the post.

On a mobile device, you'd only see the "server error".

So, I tried to post a second time and I got this error

"Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)" ... that would be shown as "server error" on a mobile.

t5.jpg

0 Likes