cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirandaxann
Constellation

"Your phone is in silent mode"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galaxy s6 and as of a couple days ago, every time I plug in my phone or remove it from the charger, I'll get a pop up notification that says "Your phone is in silent mode" I'll then have to choose "it's OK" or "I don't want to miss calls" for it to go away. Does anyone know how to turn this off?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neez
Constellation

Re: "Your phone is in silent mode"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was a post in Android Central at the end of March that suggested turning off the Peel Remote app. THAT seems to have done the trick.

Note to anyone from Samsung: I am NOT fond of the Peel Remote app. It causes entirely more trouble than it is worth. Consider excluding it from future phones.

23 REPLIES 23
Neez
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was a post in Android Central at the end of March that suggested turning off the Peel Remote app. THAT seems to have done the trick.

Note to anyone from Samsung: I am NOT fond of the Peel Remote app. It causes entirely more trouble than it is worth. Consider excluding it from future phones.

userFy16RDMtaz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Curious - why aren't you a fan of the peel remote app and what trouble does it cause? I am having some sudden issues with my Samsung S6 (and also now getting the inconvenient reminder that the phone is on silent), and I use Peel.

Any suggestions for a better remote app?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

userZXmWW1DWcL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is such an annoying pop-up that just started today on my phone. I thought it was caused by Viber, so I deleted that app, but the messages continued. I'll see if I have Peel. Thanks!

userIoKTLOjMEB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm getting annoyed with peel too. If it's causing this message on top of constantly showing a remote bubble i can't close and appearing in my notification window all the time i think it's time to move on. I liked it when i could open it and use it when needed like any other app but mostly it just gets on my nerves now. 

user9uvDVEx1gg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, turn off notifications permanently. It is very annoying having notifications pop up at any time especially on lock screen. I don't want to have to turn it off every 30 days. I don't use the app that often. If I want to use it, I can find it on my phone in the place I properly placed it. It is the only app, with exception to messages, email, and phone calls, that constantly has notifications on my lock screen, so I delete/turn off the app.

VoidIndigo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your answer! I would never have considered Peel Remote, great find! They  have WAY too much garbage in that app, considering it started out as a decent "infrared remote control" and has become this behmoth of video-bloat-ware... maybe it's time to scrub it from my phone.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the update and for letting others know! Keep up the great work. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userZq1euWSan8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I turned off the notifications and permissions for Peel and still get the pop-up 

usere73Xw2Q93Z
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did this and works ! , try to turn on app permissions then disable 1 by 1 (body sensor , calendar, camera, contacts,etc)after that do the same with app notifications

Oscar =)