cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

After the One UI 2.1, S10e home screen wallpaper rotates after exiting full screen

STR:

1. On a Samsung S10e, make sure you're on the new One UI 2.1 that was very recently released and that your wallpaper is the stock pink-purple-ish one

2. Possibly optional: Disable Auto Rotate

3. Open any YouTube video and go full screen

4. The video will get full screened in 90 degrees clockwise, like normal. Assume you want to watch the video the other way around (where the charging port and headphone jack would be on the left side) and hold the phone accordingly

5. The video will now flip 180 degrees, to match your holding position

6. Exit YouTube

Expected Results:

The wallpaper is displayed normally.

Actual Results:

The wallpaper is displayed rotated 90 degrees couter clockwise.

See before/after:

BeforeBeforeAfterAfter

I can fix this easily by making some changes to the wallpaper settings and then reverting back, but eventually this will reappear once I perform the above STR.

Basic details:

Samsung Galaxy S10e G970F

One UI 2.1

Android 10

G970FXXU4CTC5

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: After the One UI 2.1, S10e home screen wallpaper rotates after exiting full screen

I noticed that you have a half yellow arc around the camera. What app is putting that on the screen? Have you tried disabling that app? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: After the One UI 2.1, S10e home screen wallpaper rotates after exiting full screen

@LongHiker wrote:

I noticed that you have a half yellow arc around the camera. What app is putting that on the screen? Have you tried disabling that app? 

That's a fair point.

The app is called Energy Ring.

I've uninstalled it, restarted the phone but the issue persists.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S10e after installing the latest update a few days ago.

After quitting a full screened game, my wallpaper always rotates too. When I revert it back it's fixed, but the wallpaper rotates every time after quitting a full screened game or youtube.

Any ideas?

See here

BeforeScreenshot_20200330-230329_One UI Home.jpg

After

Screenshot_20200330-230350_One UI Home.jpg

Highlighted
Constellation

Got the same issue here, after I updated my S10 to One UI 2.1

Any fix for this issue Samsung?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm having the same problem!!! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: After the One UI 2.1, S10e home screen wallpaper rotates after exiting ful..

Same thing happening on note 10+ after one ui 2.1 update

Highlighted
Constellation

Same thing has been happening on my Note 10+ after the One UI 2.1 update.  It's really annoying and happens constantly because I watch videos on my phone all the time.

Highlighted
Constellation

Got the same issue after updating my S10. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Just want to add that it's not just YouTube causing this issue for me, but ALL apps with fullscreen capability. That includes core apps like Gallery, btw. Turn the phone one way or another in fullscreen and the home screen wallpaper ends up rotated and stretched to fit screen. Every. Single. Time. With vids, pics, reading a book, or whatever has me in fullscreen, I don't pay attention to which way I'm rotating the phone, and if I do a 180 for some reason (which I apparently do far too often), I trigger this issue. It's not difficult to fix (just reapply theme or choose wallpaper again), but it's EXTREMELY annoying, especially if you find yourself having to do it again and again.

As this only began after I updated my S10e to UI version 2.1, I figure something is amiss in the new code and not my phone. Apps are all up to date and nothing else is different about my phone or it's usage. I even did a restart, checked for phone updates (again), checked for app updates (again), restarted my phone (again), and yet the problem persists. So far, I am not seeing any functionality issues, merely cosmetic, but it's still driving me crazy.