JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

(S20+) HOW TO UNISTALL LAST UPDATE - ASAP?!

(Topic created: 02-01-2024 08:24 AM)
Jamoomoo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OMG  -  Have my S20+ (very happy with/ don't want to upgrade) w ATT as my woefully inept provider & just received the latest 2024 UPDATE - assuming via them - which has left me with very little to often, no WIFI.  I won't evn start on connecting to internet via ATT whose svc (in the almost direct shadow of 2 cell towers on a mtn!) is also close to nil... cell svc is spotty at best & nobody can evr call my cell when I'm home - which I've learned to live with. BUT my WIFI is the 1 thing I cannot live without, as much as I hate going online (am a former/ burned out software dev).  I just moved back to CT w my sis just before our dad passed the past yr - she has cable company internet (phone, tv, etc via Spectrum), so everyhthng is dependant on it to work. NEVER had a problem connecting for the past yr UNTIL THE LASTEST UPDATE... and quite lucky at the MOMENT to have a super slow connection,  but it's working at least. NO CLUE what's happening & it def is NOT her connection, as everything BUT MY PHONE is working just fine - incl streaming TV.  SO.regardless of whatever improvements the latest update has (& I could care less about) -  HOW DO I UNINSTALL THE LATEST UPDATE? (and hopefully set the phone so I'm not continuously haunted by ATT reminding me to re-install what I clearly do not want?)

FYI - I have literally tried just about everything (obviously well versed in most all things tech related, as a burned out dev)... & uninstall is prob the best/ last option I could think of

2 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry too say but they are no ways to roll back a software update I suggest contacting AT&T support or reaching out to Samsung Support for a possible solution 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Traveler519
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sadly according to samsung once updated there's no way to go back. You may find a third party apk out there and get to go from there but you would have to factory reset your device allow loading g of the apk and back door it. At which point samsung would not recognize the device and you could have even more issues. Other than that I think your as **bleep** as my 23u is with one ui 6