Original topic:

S20 Ultra [Snapdragon] Change Firmware

(Topic created: 11-03-2020 02:28 PM)
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows if I have the SM-G988N ver it's ok to download a different version that not the Korean version.
Let's say I have the SM-G988N can I download SM-G988U1 (Snapdragon firmware) firmware https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s20-ultra/firmware/#SM-G988U1 ?
Why?
I have the Korean version and it's in English but the apps in Korean and every app is a Korea Samsung link like the water and everything.

Thanks for the helps guys.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Okay I got it. Got both everything active and CSC change without data wipe. It's very easy and you need two files. Take your sim card out and SD first. Then turn your phone off.

Once it's off, connect the phone to your computer and press the volume up and down button together to get into download mode. Load up Odin(Used the one I provided link below with all files needed also)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sf3x9VY-RdRYJrrh5tMCmkgxKcYie5R_/view?usp=drivesdk

Once you unpacked the files and Odin is loaded you will click on USERDATA and choose the vbmeta_disabled.tar and flash it once it's in. The phone will Restart. After Shut it back off again. Press the Volume Up and Down Keys to get back into Download mode.

Now go back into Odin and click on CSC. Choose the HOME CSC file that was provided in the link I gave you. Flash that and wait for the phone to restart. Unlock the phone and now place your sim card back in.

Wait a moment and the phone will ask your to restart it. Hit okay and let it restart. When it's back on again leave it there for a sec to load and find your network, it may do another random restart by itself but this is okay because it fully installed the rest of the HOME CSC at this point. Get Samsung Info from the Play store. And use it to see if your CSC codes match. I had TMB active and no more korean URLs, widget issues, etc. You may have to disable a few apps but the phone works like a U1.

View solution in context

24 Replies
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe it is possible but I think there will be problems when flashing involving the CSC. Like say if the phone is from India and set to Vodafone which isn't 3g then the Firmware would go through most likely but your service wouldn't be able to be put in to create a service for you here in the states because they were never installed for Veruzon or T Mobile or Att etc. so I would think that part would have to be initiated in part by one of those companies that way the device has proper radio to connect to tower. I recommend doing more research and be careful not to cause a Bootloop when flashing a new firmware. Also note that Samsung Bootloader is locked so getting through the splash screen might be an issue but from then on you should be able to flash it. You would just be left with the foreign Splash Screen from the boot. I'd recommend going to verizon or some other place and have them do it all. Tell them you speak both languages just prefer English and they might flash it all for you if they know you are moving to their company. I also recommend to take a moment and head over to XDA Developers as they are much more knowledgeable in areas such as this and the resources you need are already there if there are any developed for this Hope that Helps
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i asked XDA Developers Forums but nothing ...
I'm not the only one.
i change to KOO so so yes I have the Korean red text warning at startup  ...
but I don't know if ill try it will not break the phone 😕
Does no one ever change Firmwares? it's not that I have Snapdragon and I want to flash an Exynos Firmware.
I have the Korean Snapdragon version and I want to flash a Snapdragon EU or US version
I can't update and it's still in Korea when I check the weather and more apps and settings ..
And @SHADOWGATE  Thanks a lot for the replay and helping 
I upload more picture if someone wants to see and want to help2020-11-04 02.17.25.jpg2020-11-04 02.17.44.jpg2020-11-04 02.18.29.jpg2020-11-04 02.22.52.jpg

user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
All he would have to do is make sure he gets the proper firmware that matches the Bands. So if he has a non 5G phone than make sure to get the correct firmware. But I believe that it will be okay because BL is the Radio so if the SOCs match and they both Snapdragon it should be able to Flash with no issues.. I have the same phone just in 5G so I'll going to be trying to download official firmware for t-mobile and flash the HOME CSC file and maybe the BL. But let's see. I mean they both on the same bootloader version. So BL sould work if needed.
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Cool. I'll bookmark your thread Hopefully the process goes smooth. If so you should post it over on XDA. theres gotta be more people out there who are wondering the same and looking for a tutorial and some reassurance. I Love Samsung Members but some threads get buried or delisted after Solved
user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Will do already thinking of it
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's harder to develop for Samsung because of the Bootloader Lock. it's not as simple as say Motorola where you can start from the Splash Screen and do a whole build. Because of this there is less development
0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
you can change location settings and language settings I know that isn't exactly what you want but it might be your only option outside of getting a US issued phone. I understand your point though cause it would be aggravating
0 Likes
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did it it's still like core Korean like in the pictures.

what do you mean Bootloader lock?  I have root .. and unlocked the bootloader

SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
then have you tried putting in an US sim??? then making a call that has a duration of 5 minutes or longer. usually you dial like 198 and let it call connect for 5 minutes and then pop the sim out and back in and its switched over. At least that's what we used to do back in the day