Original topic:

S20 Ultra [Snapdragon] Change Firmware

(Topic created: 11-03-2020 02:28 PM)
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi,
I wonder if anyone knows if I have the SM-G988N ver it's ok to download a different version that not the Korean version.
Let's say I have the SM-G988N can I download SM-G988U1 (Snapdragon firmware) firmware https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s20-ultra/firmware/#SM-G988U1 ?
Why?
I have the Korean version and it's in English but the apps in Korean and every app is a Korea Samsung link like the water and everything.

Thanks for the helps guys.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
24 Replies
user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have the UI 3.0 may be that you need to update your phone, may not be updated to the most recent.

You can download the most recent version by getting Frija. When you install it and it opens. There will be a Field to put in your phone model which would be "SM-G988N" Then in the next Field for CSC you will put in "KOO". Hit start and download it. Once it's downloaded you have to unpack it. Inside all you need is the AP, BL, CP. Make sure to Extract the Boot File from the AP File so you can patched it with magisk. Then the Two Files I gave you.

You are going to first Flash all together AP, BL, CP, The HOME CSC File I gave you and the V file in User Data. When the phone is about to restart hold the Volume Up and Down button to go back into download mode. Next you are going to take the Boot image you patched with Magisk and put it into AP in Odin and flash it. Let the phone restart and everything should be good to go.

You can upgrade your phone this way. But would need to get the Updated Home CSC From the U1 Firmware everytime so you don't wipe your date.
userE6gujbQ5ef
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yes i upgrade and all worgking 
thanks dude

0 Likes
user5KCp6cBaK0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Of course man. Got this phone last week Monday. I was on a mission to figure this out. Had to look at other guides that was for other things to make sure this new method could work. Its very clean and so love how it didn't delete a thing. Very efficient also.
Tored
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, do you know if this method would work for the Korean Note 20 Ultra? If so where do I get the required files? Is vbmeta file the same or should I get a different one? thanks

0 Likes
usernHbu9UbCJM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi! I'm actually planning to purchase the Korean S20 5G! The only thing I'm worried about is carrier bloatware. Is there a way to remove them? Is is by CSC? Or do I need to flash another firmware (if so, which?)? If I need to change my CSC will I still get OTA updates? (Say I changed my CSC to the US one) 

I have several ideas of what could be done but I'm unsure

1: Flash unlocked Korean Rom (would this change anything? The phone I'm planning to buy has a carrier rom)

2. Change my CSC (but idk to which CSC)

From what I've seen here, you just changed your CSC and it was good to go? Do you still get updates?

Thanks in advance!

Replies are appreciated!! 

0 Likes