Original topic:

Auto-Restart breaks alarm sounds... until after I login

(Topic created: Monday)
DigDoug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
S21 FE.

During the night my phone updated to Verizon Security Patch 37, causing a restart. 

Be it this or the phone health triggering a restart during off-hours...

Bug: My wake up alarm sound is not my normal wakeup alarm sound until after the phone completes the restart ONLY AFTER I use my PIN to login.

Concern: šŸ¤”... do people miss a surgery, a flight, or other important events because of this? 

Long ago, I disabled the phone health-related restarts. Auto-Restarts from software and security updates???

Fix 1: Is there a user setting I can toggle to require all updates to request my permission before restarting to complete?

Fix 2: Ensure the Alarm service is fully loaded before requiring the PIN to complete the restart. 

Fix 3 (ideal): why is it there's another 60 seconds of restart work after entering my PIN? What's the holdup that can't be completed before entering my PIN.

Yes, I use a custom sound for all my Alarms, Notifications, Ringtone... saved in their respective folder; Eg Alarms. I have used these same alarms across many years of different phones. 

šŸ¤” Fix 4? Can I convert my MP3 Alarm audio file format to something specific... or put the files in some folder besides root/Alarms so my wakeup alarms will be my sounds at my volumes before I enter my PIN after an auto-restart?

Thanks!
0 Likes
0 Replies