JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Big red target-like dot

(Topic created: 03-15-2022 01:20 PM)
userQNEq595kmE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

On several occasions during the last 2 or 3 weeks I have seen a large red target-like dot appear on my locked screen.  What is this dot for?   I have not pressed it, because I don't know what it is.  Does anyone know?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Deja3
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That's exactly what it is, the voice recorder. A few updates ago they allowed the voice recorder to be added to the lock screen. You can remove and/or rearrange what you have on there...

View solution in context

4 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Never seen it, but wonder if it could be an auction game sending you a notification to the lock screen. Search online as well

0 Likes
userQNEq595kmE
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

No, that is not where it came from.  I do not play or download any games on my phone, and when I purchased my phone new in 2020, I uninstalled all of the games that came with the phone.  I also have my phone set to not send notifications to my lock screen and is one of the first feature I turned off on the first day of owning this phone.  It looks like a big 3/8-in wide big red dot with a separate red outer ring, almost like the kind of like the Target logo.  This target-like button suddenly started appearing in the last 2-3 weeks, so it most likely installed with an update.  Under it looks like a stopwatch counter that appears as 00:00:00.  I don't think it is actually a stopwatch because when I clicked on it my login pattern showed up and my phone screen opened to the "Voice Recorder" screen.

0 Likes
Solution
Deja3
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
That's exactly what it is, the voice recorder. A few updates ago they allowed the voice recorder to be added to the lock screen. You can remove and/or rearrange what you have on there...
Quebs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
As soon as I turn on my phone that target sign opens up on my phone and an advertisement comes up even when im going to make a phone call. How do I get rid if it?
0 Likes