JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Dismiss Alarm from Lock Screen

(Topic created: 02-08-2021 09:13 AM)
user8r68hvX3lV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just got the new S21 Ultra and am having problems with the Google Clock alarm and native Samsung Clock alarm dismissing.

The Google Clock alarm goes off, but does not appear on the lock screen and can't be dismissed via the volume down button (a setting that is enabled). I have to unlock the phone, which takes me to the alarm screen that is going off to then dismiss or snooze via the screen or volume down button. Not ideal.

The Samsung Clock does properly overtake the lock screen BUT there is no way to dismiss the alarm with the power or volume buttons. Both of them only snooze the alarm.

How can I get the Google Clock alarm to properly appear in the lock screen to turn it off with the volume button OR dismiss the Samsung Clock alarm via the volume button?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Impulse985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Like others mentioned, it seems to be caused by do not disturb. I solved this by going to Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Apps and then adding Clock > Firing alarms and timers.

View solution in context

6 Replies
userEFm0VktCa2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Same issue here. Have to fumble with getting past lock screen to snooze

0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21

To the contrary, mine 21 Ultra works on the lock screen - I know, I've been doing it since I got the phone last Wed.

Although I've not used the "volume down button" to dismiss it - I use the "swipe to right" to dismiss it.

0 Likes
user8r68hvX3lV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

In doing further investigation, it appears that having Do Not Disturb enabled when using the Google Clock prevents it from showing up in place of the lock screen. Thus, it seems like the two options are:

1. Use Google Clock with Do Not Disturb disabled for it to show up on the lock screen and be able to dismiss it via the volume button

2. Use Samsung Clock with Do Not Disturb enabled for it to show up on the lock screen but not dismiss it with volume button

0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

did you set any lock on your phone? fingerprint, face or passcode?

i just tried with both google clock, samsung clock and they both works fine. I was able to dismiss with volume button for google clock, and dissmiss alarm from lock screen for samsung alarm.

try reinstall the google clock app and update samsung alarm.

0 Likes
user8r68hvX3lV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes, pin and fingerprint. Have you tried with Do Not Disturb enabled for Google Clock?

0 Likes
Solution
Impulse985
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Like others mentioned, it seems to be caused by do not disturb. I solved this by going to Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb > Apps and then adding Clock > Firing alarms and timers.